I've been using a couple of GoFlight panels recently, (RP48 and G8) I find that the control knobs do not turn smoothly in the simulator when I have to assign a control to a knob via FSUIPC. Is there a way to smooth this out? It can really jump around when trying to assign altitude or heading for example. The default assignments in the GF Config file turn very slowly so I opt for assigning via FSUIPC.

Also how can you assign functions to buttons that are not preset in GFConfig or FSUIPC, for example I can't find a VNAV function.

Jim

Jim Vasto

Can I assign gear up/down to a throttle lever with it?

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

It enables any simconnect event to be assigned to any Goflight device including gear events. It enables any simconnect variable to be assigned to Goflight LED's or displays.

It has full built in support the PMDG NGX and 77X.

It also allows you to create your own events so that lvars/mouse macros can be updated for complex aircraft including assigning lvars to LED's and displays.

It also has joystick support. Its a "swiss army knife" for Goflight equipment.

It does not use fsuipc - it runs its own back end.

Best wishes

Steve

Stephen Munn

Is there support somewhere?

Yes, in the support section of the website

Regarding Goflight rotaries and Fsuipc, try assigning the function to both the "control sent when button pressed" and "control sent when button released"

Also read from page 17 of the FSUIPC4 for Advanced Users.pdf regarding polling rates, repeat rates ect

Hi Jim,

There is a online manual here: http://www.pollypotsoftware.org.uk/support/user-guide/user-guide-git.html

Frequenty Asked Questions here: http://www.pollypotsoftware.org.uk/support/faq.html

Support Forum here: http://www.pollypotsoftware.org.uk/support/forum.html

You need to install GIT in the same directory as the Goflight Drivers. If you need further help, please contact me at the Support Forum above.

Best wishes

Steve

Stephen Munn

Thanks Steve,

I have the software working but it appears it's not fully configured to work with Majestic q400? some of the events works but many i.e. taxi lights toggle on/off do not?

Is there some info somewhere on Q400 support?

Jim

Jim Vasto

Hi Jim,

Complex (non-standard) aircraft need to have Bespoke Events built for them. You use Detective to do that - details in the user guide.

Note that not all aircraft can be interfaced. It depends if they have exposed enough lvars and mouse macros to enable you to do what you want to do.

In the Download section of my website, you can download some bespoke events for other aircraft to give you an idea of things. There are also quite a few examples in the forum.

Best wishes

Steve

Stephen Munn

Steve, this seems quit complicated for me, do you know if anyone has built bespoke events for the Q400? I can get the LED lights to function on the P8 properly but the the actual event button has no effect.

Jim

Jim Vasto

Hi Jim,

I'm probably wrong, but I vaguely remember Rob Ainscough thinking about doing it. If not, I'll have a go in a couple of weeks time when I have more time.

Best wishes

Steve

Stephen Munn

Steve,

Ok thanks, I'm having a go at it, I'm getting the event on or off i.e. landing lights, but can't find any info on how to program a toggel on/off button?

Jim

Sorry, another question, what do you do when the event you click i.e. IAS on the AP doesn't register on the event log? 

Jim

Jim Vasto

How to program: http://www.pollypotsoftware.org.uk/support/user-guide/user-guide-git/19-operating/21-configuring-goflight-devices.html

If nothing shows up, then the developer of the aircraft has not exposed any lvars or events for that control so nothing can be programmed to interface to it. Your last resort would be a Mouse Click event if one exists for it.

Best wishes

Steve

Stephen Munn