Sign in to follow this  
yankeegolf3

maule fuel load question

Hello,

The maule empty weight is 1723 lb and the max gross weight is 2500 lb. If I select only one pilot at 160 lb ( no hamburger fed pilot) it  gives a gross weight of 2373 lb  and allows only for  127 lb for fuel equivalent to 21 gal. The menu says that the max allowable fuel is 73 gal but there is seemingly to way to reach this quantity.

My question is how can have more than 21 gal of fuel without replacing the pilot by a skeleton?

THX

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

+ 160

= 1883

I'm not sure how you have arrived at 2373?

Using sums of empty + 1 pilot gives 617 lb's left for fuel

Glad your're not in charge of refuelling any plane I travel on.    It is 617 lb of fuel as Chris says and using 6lbs per gallon for avgas that makes 102.83 gallons.  Looks like you could add an external fuel bladder or pack some sandwiches.

Hello,

I have understood what the prolem was.

I mainly use FSX and in FSX you can delete loads just by using the backspace key. It is not the case with P3D where you have to enter 0 if you want to delete a load. The backspace key does not do it. So the weight did not change when I deleted the loads. Consequently I got an overload message when I added my fuel load.

When you  say "load" what do you mean? And where do you mean? Load where?

When you  say "load" what do you mean? And where do you mean? Load where?

I mean" payload" in the " fuel and payload" window.

If you delete one passenger weight with the backspace key and then click OK it does not change the payload even though there is a 0 in the passenger weight line. Then if you add more fuel you can find yourself over the maximum gross weight .