Sign in to follow this  
Raven9000

HELP! Cannot re-install FSX

Hi, I had FSX and some addons installed and bought a new SSD drive specifically for the sim.

I wanted to start from scratch and ran all the uninstallers I saw, finishing with fsx.

Strangely I noticed the FSX folder (and files) had not been deleted so I did so manually.

I know go to install FSX again but the installer only lets me delete or repair, like it still sees something there.

But the problem is:

- if I choose remove it gives an error

- if I choose repair it re-add the FSX file structure where it used to be and says "copying new files" but just site there doing nothing... (Folders are created but size is 0, no files).

Help????

That's odd. Your best bet would be to restore your system (google it if you don't know how) to a point before you tried to uninstall FSX. Than, follow this excellent guide by PMDG:  http://support.precisionmanuals.com/kb/a87/how-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-fsx.aspx If I were you, I'd get FSX Steam Edition. It's on sale now for only US$5, which IMO is more than a fair price to pay to remove the headaches associated with un/installing FSX:MS.

Did you also have Acceleration installed and/or Deluxe with the SPs installed and did you delete

those as well?

http://support.precisionmanuals.com/kb/a87/how-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-fsx.aspx

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Did you also have Acceleration installed and/or Deluxe with the SPs installed and did you delete

those as well?

http://support.precisionmanuals.com/kb/a87/how-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-fsx.aspx

Yes I did. I uninstalled that first, but I didn't get the base to apoear in Add/remove programs afterwards like it says in many posts.

I just found another useful one about deleting the FSX registry keys, did that and rebooted and seemed to have worked, as the installer started normal this time.

However after it started it's now stuck at a "Removing applications" box...