Sign in to follow this  
bosflo

So Should I use It?

Hello Everyone,

I am talking about the migration tool, it seems like some people say yes it's safe to use and some people say no it's not a good idea.

I have many many sceneries and I have been installing only those with P3D v 2.5 installers and leaving the others alone. I once had all my sceneries loaded by moving folders into the addon scenery folder but I had numerous crashes to desktop so I reinstalled P3D and all is working fine with just P3D v 2.5 installers.

I realize that I have lots of scenery with no P3D v 2.5 installers and I wonder if I do ahead and use the migration manager will I have crashes to desktop?. P3D is a strange animal because the slightest modification will render the sim useless and all is working fine now. With my luck I will use the tool and everything will stop working.

So how does the migration tool work? I know that it creates a fake FSX installation path but I am not sure how it relates to P3D. Does it not affect the main program? for example can it cause problems in P3D if it installed in a seperate drive?

You know I just am so afraid of having more problems but it seems like a must have program to get the scenery installed.

Thanks,

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello Everyone,

I am talking about the migration tool, it seems like some people say yes it's safe to use and some people say no it's not a good idea.

Never had a problem with it - works great and there will be a bunch of stuff that wont load without it - get it you wont regret it