Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bosflo

So Should I use It?

Hello Everyone,

I am talking about the migration tool, it seems like some people say yes it's safe to use and some people say no it's not a good idea.

I have many many sceneries and I have been installing only those with P3D v 2.5 installers and leaving the others alone. I once had all my sceneries loaded by moving folders into the addon scenery folder but I had numerous crashes to desktop so I reinstalled P3D and all is working fine with just P3D v 2.5 installers.

I realize that I have lots of scenery with no P3D v 2.5 installers and I wonder if I do ahead and use the migration manager will I have crashes to desktop?. P3D is a strange animal because the slightest modification will render the sim useless and all is working fine now. With my luck I will use the tool and everything will stop working.

So how does the migration tool work? I know that it creates a fake FSX installation path but I am not sure how it relates to P3D. Does it not affect the main program? for example can it cause problems in P3D if it installed in a seperate drive?

You know I just am so afraid of having more problems but it seems like a must have program to get the scenery installed.

Thanks,

Hello Everyone,

I am talking about the migration tool, it seems like some people say yes it's safe to use and some people say no it's not a good idea.

Never had a problem with it - works great and there will be a bunch of stuff that wont load without it - get it you wont regret it

Rich Sennett

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

18%
    $4,640.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now