Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F++ team,

If possible, would you consider a new feature for a future release?  Specifically, is it possible for MCE to suppress all functions when a specific key is depressed? To illustrate this notion, consider communicating with a controller while flying on VATSIM.  I'd like for MCE to suspend all operations when the "push to talk" key is pressed.  If necessary, MCE could hard-code the key and we (i.e. VATSIM/IAVO users) could simply alter our PTT options within our clients (e.g. SB4, Vpilot, etc...). Maybe have MCE enter a while loop while the key is pressed? I believe this might be a better option than clicking the microphone on the GUI.  

Also, I've noticed the VR call is exceptionally late; sometimes 15 IAS after the inputted value.  Has anyone else reported this anomaly?  

Again, thank you for developing the best product the FS world!   

Matt King

I'd like for MCE to suspend all operations when the "push to talk" key is pressed.

I think is allready done, did you read the manual?

Manual, "How to interact with virtual co-pilot":

Bear in mind, that the key END of the keyboard has been designated as some sort of microphone mute button. So if you want to temporarily disable all recognition, hold down the END key

This is what are you talking?

Ahhh...so use the End key for PTT?  Thanks you, Robert.  I should have known these guys programmed that in...

Matt King

Ahhh...so use the End key for PTT?  Thanks you, Robert.  I should have known these guys programmed that in...

As Robert pointed out, the END key is hard coded by default. But If you need a different key, it is possible to define which key MCE listens to by editing fsInsider.ini

As Robert pointed out, the END key is hard coded by default. But If you need a different key, it is possible to define which key MCE listens to by editing fsInsider.ini

Is posible to set a diferent key for "mute mic" other than NUM LOCK?

Is posible to set a diferent key for "mute mic" other than NUM LOCK?

No, NumLock is for long periods of speech inactivity. It works like a Toggle, not a PTT. Couldn't use the CAPS LOCK because the sim will constantly disable it, and since the NumLock has a keyboard light which signals when it's ON, it seemed like a good choice.

If you need another PTT for Vatsim, go to FSX installation folder and open "fsInsider.ini"

Change "VatsimPTT=0" to "VatsimPTT=key_number"

key_number should correspond to the ASCII decimal value in the following table.

http://www.asciitable.com/

Examples

To use space bar as PTT, set "VatsimPTT=32"

To use CTRL key (left or right) as PTT, set "VatsimPTT=17"

Have not tested all keys, but should have plenty of choice.

You must restart FSX/P3D/FS9, before the key status is tracked by fsInsider.dll which in turn will inform MCE.

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

34%
    $8,560.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now