Sign in to follow this  
nighthawk

Pilot2ATC Communicatios, etc..

A-AUDIO

My FSX, GSX, other utilities voice/comm are set (configured) to a USB Multi-Channel Audio Device (where I have my Headset/Mic connected to), the same with the Voice Recongnition I/O is to the USB Multi-Channel Audio Device. All other sounds go to my Home Theater 7.1 (System Default Speakers).

My microphone works find with Pilot2ATC, but your ATC comes back thru my std speakers not to my headset in the USB Multi-Channel Audio Device***.

***7.1 USB Audio Adapter External Sound Card with SPDIF Digital Audio

B-Joystick

When I assign button 2 in the joystick in Your ATC assign button number 1 (all button I pressed shows the number - 1).  ?????

Nighthawk

Hi Nighthawk.

Pilot2ATC used the Default recording and playback devices as defined in the Windows Sound settings.  Your description seems to indicate that your USB Audio Device (I use a Jabra USB Headset myself) is set as the default device for recording/input.   Your standard speakers are probably specified as the default playback/output device and hence the ATC voices use that device for playback.

On the Joystick issue, you should be able to select your joystick device in the dropdown on the Joystick tab of the config window.  If you have multiple joystick devices (as most of us do) be sure that you have the one with the PTT button selected.  Then press the PTT button and it should display that button number in the window.  Close the config window or switch to another tab and it should save the setting.  (I can tell you from personal experience how easy it is to pick the first Saitek item in the joystick device list and then wonder why pressing different buttons on the Yoke does not change the number in the display.)

Hope this helps.

Dave

Thanks Dave

If I understand correctly P2A  can not be configure to get aircraft noise through speakers and ATC through the headset. A deal breaker.

Regards

Nighthawk

Nighthawk

Nighthawk.

Unfortunately the SIMs also play sounds to the default playback device.  I have done what you're talking about using 2 computers.  Running Pilot2ATC on a second computer using WideFS.  Then all the sounds controlled by Pilot2ATC come through the default device for the second computer and the A/C sounds come through the SIM computer speakers.

If you do that, you will need to have a PTT button connected to the 2nd computer or simply use the on-screen PTT button, or configure a PTT button hot-key on the second keyboard.

Configurable sound output is something I will look into for future updates.

Thanks,

Dave