Sign in to follow this  
bloxboy

980 or 980 SLI or 980 ti for P3D ?

Hi, I have a EVAG 980 GPU (not overclocked) in my system at the moment, along with X99 M/B, 5820 chip (o/c to 4.3) and 16 meg DDR4 Memory. I am thinking of migrating to P3D from FSX-SE, so would P3D take advantage of another 980 in SLI, or would a single 980 ti be better. Would also use the cards for other Sims and games.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

John.

Well, other than having the and not the 980,you and I have twins. I have an X99-A also with the 5820 and 16gb of mem. I'll be watching your question as my thread that you see right next door is asking the same question. I want to know what would be best of P3D. Do I buy another 970 and go SLi or ditch the 970 on ebay and buy a Titan 980...or even a Radeon 390X. The 390X has GB of VRAM which could be very very useful, worth its minor faults in other areas.

Either way, we are just spoiled, I have no problem with holding a steady 33FPS no matter where I am. Hurry up and Migrate, you'll be so happy you did and wonder why it took you so long...trust me :)

---Brian Bash---
398 HR MEL PPL and climbing!

Hi Brian, Thanks for your comments. I thought I would get more replies but hey-ho, I might post in another section of the forum. I will be migrating over to P3D as soon as Windows 10 is released and fairly stable.

John.