Sign in to follow this  
zool

Wilco A320 spoilers

Hello 

i have a Weird Question , first watch this video  

you saw how the spoilers extended Literally Quickly ?

I mean not like real a320 the spoilers extending slowly slowly after touchdown 

i know this is Silly but can i change spoilers Extend speed in wilco A320 ? 

you can change the extension time in the .cfg under "airplane geometry" - " spoiler_extension_time" if that is what you mean.

Herman

Hi Jojo, saw my answer? you can change the spoiler extension time in the aircraft.cfg under "airplane geometry", 3.5000 is a good realistic value.
parasite_drag_scalar =0.800
induced_drag_scalar =1.1
under flight tuning help to get a realistic descend from cruise level and a realistic flare with a super smooth touchdown on autoland.
wing_pos_apex_lon=16.00000 under airplane geometry helps to get the CG within the 28 to 34 % range and helps better take off attitude.
spoiler_limit=60 under the same airplane geometry helps the effectiveness of the speedbrakes and you can get " AIRED"( freeware ) to change the next value; open the .air file with air ed and go to section "1101" primary aerodynamics, then go to drag coefficient_spoiler*2048=87, click on that line and change the value from 87 to 200, click "enter" and save it back to the .air ( check to see if it changed afterwards, it failes sometimes ), under "auto pilot" change the gs_integrator_boundary from value 0.70 to 0.20 to get a much more precise autoland, no more overshooting and coming back and then land next to the RWY.
All of this should give you a very realistic A320 behaviour but look out never to click " activate approach" above 10000 feet  'cause that will slow down the plane to 200 knots before it starts descending slowly.
hope this helps you to enjoy the Wilco airbuses as much as I do.

best regards Herman