Sign in to follow this  
paulyg123

MIcrophone help

I am stumped on this one.  I haven't flown Vatsim for 1 year and I want to start again.  I can't get ATC to hear me. 

Here is what I did:

I hear ATC, they get my text - so the connection is good

I have the PMDG 777 active

I assigned F11 on keypad PTT

The L VHF mike light os on.

I checked the mike in SB and it checks out fine

When my cursor is in the SB window, I hit F11 and speak - no one hears me.(I remember that the cursor needs to be in the SB window when using the keys)

Any suggestions?

I also tried onthe LD767 and they still don't hear me.  I think it has to do with the button on the keyboard I am assigning.  Once I get the keyboard working, I'll attempt a PTT button on the yoke.

Paul Gugliotta

Any suggestions?

Check to make sure you don't have F11 set as a key assignment for some other function in the sim. Also, ensure that you're running SB as an admin. Finally, ensure that you have a mic selected in SB.

...better yet, use vPilot as it's actually reasonably functional and actively supported.

Either way, if it's happening the same way with other aircraft, it's not a PMDG issue, obviously.

Kyle Rodgers

See radio stack.  I'll try the above

radio.jpg

Here's more the mystery.  No matter what button I assign, The mike doesn't pick it up.  I have F12 assigned to chat and F11 to Com1.  If I press F12, I get the buzz as no one is on that frequency, but F11 is dead.  If I swap them, I get teh buzz for F11 and F12 is dead.  I tried in admin mode.  But actually I don't get the option to start it in admin mode  Is it just by right clicking on start squawk box?

Paul Gugliotta

OK Kyle, I took your advice and loaded in Vpilot.  I am back in business.  It works fine - I just need to figure PTT on yoke but at least for now I can communicate with ATCvia keyboard in Vatsim.  Thanks for your help.  You are now 5 for 5 in helping me - close to an achievement award!!

Paul Gugliotta

OK Kyle, I took your advice and loaded in Vpilot.  I am back in business.  It works fine - I just need to figure PTT on yoke but at least for now I can communicate with ATCvia keyboard in Vatsim.  Thanks for your help.  You are now 5 for 5 in helping me - close to an achievement award!!

Gold star! YASSS!

The PTT on the yoke shouldn't require any extra steps in vPilot (like SB required either FSUIPC or some other keystroke mapper). Check to ensure FSUIPC or some other program isn't using it to send other commands as a keystroke.

Kyle Rodgers