Sign in to follow this  
mosteen

Signature editing (IE11)

Sirs, I'm having issues with editing my signature. I cannot add links to pictures, or for that matter edit in HTML.

Is there an issue with IE11, or are there restrictions in play for the moment?

Thanks,

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

To provide links to pictures, you need to be in "BBCode" mode.  If not, your link will not show up.  Click on the tiny square strange looking icon in the upper left corner of your post (left of the eraser) to go to/from BBCode mode.  To be honest I do not like this requirement myself.  We are currently in the process of updating the website with the latest software and this might fix this agonizing website feature.  There are many times I'll put a link in my post to provide more information for someone I'm responding to and forget that I'm not in BBCode mode, click the post button and no link so have to edit and put the link in.  When BBCode is enabled, you cannot use the menu above your post.  You cannot even put a smiley in your document.  :(  It is a horrible feature that needs to be eliminated and, once the dust is settled with the fixing of our servers and the website updates, we will see if we can fix this issue.  Same goes with things in your signature.  You need to go to/from BBCode Mode to edit your signature by unchecking HTML mode. 

If there's a tutorial I will post a link.

I apologize for the inconveniences and hope we can find a fix soon.

EDIT:

Here's a link to one BBCode tutorial - https://www.phpbb.com/community/faq.php?mode=bbcode

EDIT2: According to the BBCode website, BBCode "was implemented as method of providing a safer and easier way of allowing posts to be formatted on forums. Before BBCode forums sometimes allowed users to include HTML code in their posts, which had many security issues (i.e. the user could execute javascript code, break the layout of the site and so on). With BBCode being parsed by the forum scripts it is easier to control what the user can do and can not do (allowing or not allowing specific BBCode tags)."  So, making changes to the format as I suggested above may not be possible.

Best regards,

Ah, I get it now Jim, thanks for the excellent mini guide :)

Cheers,