Sign in to follow this  
unc1rlm

Need Help with installing Imaginesim Atlanta into P3Dv2.5

If anyone has successfully installed the last updated version of this scenery. I realize they are making a new scenery for Atlanta but would like ti enjoy this scenery till then, if it can be done. All I get are the shadows of buildings. I installed the original fsx (2012) and then updated the fsx and then added the update for p3dv2. Please explain in simple terms. I know nothing about afcads, editing or otherwise...

Much appreciated, greets go out to The Dom...lol

Bob Morehead

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You need to download the FSX to P3D conversion files in a package named "imaginesim_KATL_FSX2P3DV2.zip" then follow the instructions step by step in the readme.  I just viewed the Imaginesim web site and could not find either the legacy KATL nor support for it so I hope you have the conversion package. Maybe an email to them might be a possible solution.

I have a file I downloaded yesterday called katl_update_Prepar3Dv2_140215a.zip and I have the only file for fsx I can download. I assume its just the last updated version of Atlanta they made. I downloaded the original version from their web page but the order number for the 3.0 version will not allow me to install it. The files I have purchased are from Simmarket, who no longer are the vendor for at least the Atlanta scenery anyway.

I got it from this page:

http://www.imaginesim.com/katl01.htm

I installed the purchased atlanta  file 3.0 (2012) and then downloaded the update p3dv2 file and copied to folders but still only shadows of the buildings. I sent a note to imaginesim, I will see if they respond and what they say

Thanks for all your help. At wits end :)

Bob Morehead