Sign in to follow this  
BrianG

Avsim running really fast

Starting today, I have never seen Avsim load up and running so fast and efficient. A thanks to all who stuck with it through recent technical and emotionally challenging times. Although maybe not spoken, the efforts and resources put forth to bring this site to the level its operating now have really paid off.

Taking a break from actually simming now, but I still enjoy keeping up with what's happening within the hobby. Avsim has always been my go-to source. Nice to finally see everything working so well and fast.

Best,

Brian

Yeah, pretty amazed by that. :) But I simply can't live without that box one the left, unread topics I participated. Bring back that box ASAP, becuase I'm blind on this forum without it, seriously.  :Hmmmph:

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Starting today, I have never seen Avsim load up and running so fast and efficient. A thanks to all who stuck with it through recent technical and emotionally challenging times. Although maybe not spoken, the efforts and resources put forth to bring this site to the level its operating now have really paid off.

Taking a break from actually simming now, but I still enjoy keeping up with what's happening within the hobby. Avsim has always been my go-to source. Nice to finally see everything working so well and fast.

Best,

Brian

This is because we are in Performance Mode.  Performance Mode turns all the unnecessary (and sometimes necessary) services off.  Our tech has a real-life job and cannot be working on the AVSIM site 24/7 so it will be a while before this glitch or whatever that's slowing down our site can be discovered and fixed.  We do think the problem will be fixed soon and may turn the Performance Mode off so our membership can use the services, albeit with a bit slower website.  That decision will not be made by me but by the Board and CEO so stay tuned.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

What Jim said... The good news is, this is the speed we aim to be running at once things are fully configured.  It will be worth the wait, it's just a matter of working with what we've got, at the pace that we can.  Our tech guy is a very busy man and travels for work a lot, and probably won't have time to get back to AVSIM until this weekend.