Sign in to follow this  
Joseph29

FS9 Crashes in Taiwan

I have the freeware El Formosa scenery found here in the library and when I am at RCTP my sim crashes. The sim crashes at 4:30pm (local time) on Monday. It happens when I am near the cargo area and looking  (in spot view) towards the mountains.

After the crash I looked at Event Viewer and here is what that said. But I don't know what it means.

Faulting application name: fs9.exe, version: 9.1.0.40901, time stamp: 0x4135a208
Faulting module name: UTIL.DLL, version: 9.1.0.40901, time stamp: 0x4135a88e
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00010350
Faulting process id: 0x16c0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d0d40736b704df
Faulting application path: C:\MSGames\FS2004\fs9.exe
Faulting module path: C:\MSGames\FS2004\MODULES\UTIL.DLL
Report Id: 0e552ce9-3ffd-11e5-a1ef-90e6baa27bd7

Can anyone help me?

Turn off AI traffic with the traffic slider and see if you get a crash.

If you still get a crash with AI off, then disable all the other El Formosa scenery (except RCTP) you may have and try again.

Please report back your findings.

It is worth noting that the El Formosa scenery consists of 11 parts each with up to three patches.  RCTP is part 11 with three patches. Installation is tricky as you have to replace a number of the default scenery files. If you are still getting crashes with no AI and no other El Formosa scenery active in the scenery library (apart from RCTP) it will probably be worth you reinstalling the scenery and the three patches again.

Peter Schluter

Thanks I will give it a try. I will also un-install the El Formosa scenery, then re-install it. Maybe I missed a step or missed some files.

(I did save all of the default files)