Sign in to follow this  
Hernan1

Payware scenery changes when updating AFCAD

Hi everyone. I have FS9 and I recently purchased a great scenery by Taxi2Gate for the KSTL airport. When checking my scenery, I realized the AFCAD provided by Taxi2Gate needed to be updated. After spending a few hours to correct gate assignments, based on STL website, I updated the AFCAD that came with the scenery. When I re-opened my scenery hoping to see my new AI Traffic going to its correct gates I was surprised to see that the scenery changed showing what looked like the default scenery buildings re-appeared behind all of the wonderful scenery created by Taxi2Gate. I asked about my problem in their support page almost a month ago, but there is no response from them or even a suggestion from any members reading their forum. I believe I read in this forum about a similar problem, but I cannot remember how it was resolved. Can someone here help me how this can be resolved?. The gate assignments for SWA work fine, only a couple of gates for the American Eagle planes show up. Not a single American Airlines main line showed up. A few Delta and United planes showed up at the wrong gates.

I will appreciate any input. Thanks :sad:

T2G obviously had flatten and exclude files in the Afcad.

You must edit your original afcad with ADE (airport design editor) otherwise you will lose the flatten/excludes.

I updated the AFCAD that came with the scenery.

I suggest you made an error in updating the AFCAD - how did you update it?

Hi Edetroit. I will follow your suggestion. I'm not very familiar how to use ADE, but, I'll definitely try it.

MGH...I was using the AFCAD v2.21. After updating the gate assignments, I saved it to the scenery folder and it created a new Afcad file: "AF2_KSTL.bgl". I just deleted the T2G scenery. Verified that the default scenery was there and re-installed the T2G scenery again. I noticed the "default" buildings are gone and it looks just the way it should be. I also looked in the Scenery folder and saw two afcad folders. One is: "KSTL_AF.BGL" 47KB BGL file and it was the original file modified on 5/7/12. The other is: "KSTL-AF.BGL" 66KB BGL file and modified 8/12/15 which is the date I re-installed the scenery. I have also noticed it has a: KSTL-FLATTEN.bgl file modified 5/4/12.

Apparently the two KSTL_AF and KSTL-AF, plus the new Afcad I created are somehow causing this problem but, I was wondering why do they include two AFcads? If I use the ADE, will it complicate matters more? Anyway, I'll attempt to correct it with ADE. If I still have the same problem, I can always uninstall and start all over ... :)

Edetroit gave you the correct answer. There were other items such as excludes embedded in the original file which you lost by editing and saving using the afcad program instead of ade. And it also sounds you have two afcad files running on top of each other at that airport, which will cause other problems. Delete your afcad file. Leave their afcad files alone since they could be for taxiway signs or elevation adjustments. Start over with just the original file as your base for gate corrections with ade this time.

Hi Kevin. Thanks for your response. Basically I did as you suggested, however, after making changes & saving the file, it went to my Flight Simulator 9/Scenery/World/Scenery folder as: "KSTL_ADE9_XXX.ade" Opened FS to verify my changes and they are still the same. Perhaps I am using the wrong steps in saving the ADE file. After I finished making the changes I went to: File/Save Airport.

Was that correct? Thanks.

You were not correct. You need to re-install the original afcad. Open the afcad with ADE ...edit as you wish....then save it as an ADE file somewhere/anywhere.

Then compile the afcad and overwrite your original afcad which is probably in your KSTL/scenery folder.

Edetroit, you are the best! Your suggestion and the time you took to show me the correct steps to resolve my problem is greatly appreciated. That's what I like about the Avsim forums. There are many people who are always available to give a hand to one another. Thanks to all!.

Now, if you could only show me how to land...just kidding :)

I love all of your videos. Thanks again Edetroit.

Hernan (1DLflyer)