Sign in to follow this  
Humpty

FSX SE CTD

Hi,

I am trying to use FSX SE on the second laptop which is a Lenovo Flex 2.  The original FSX SE download was on my Toshiba Satellite. I just copied the whole steam folder to the Lenovo and than updated Local Cache through Steam and it installed the needed Redist files. 

Now after I log on to the steam account and start FSX SE the only thing it shows is the Splash  screen and then straight to the desktop. I have deleted the fsx.cfg but still the CTD. 

I have used FSX SE on the Lenovo earlier with no issues. 

Lenovo Specs.

i5 4th Gen

4 GB 

GT820m 2GB

1920x1080 Full HD Display 14 inch.

Kindly help.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Humpty Dumpty:

Your problem is probably caused by FSX-SE uses files in other folders than "steam" I believe some are in C:\users\(name of user)\appdata\roaming.  The best bet is to see whether you can install it on the laptop from your steam account. It's too complicated to install manually.

Don't fall off the wall:

Jim Elder

@jimelder2

Thanks for the reply. 

If I delete those FSX SE folders under \users\roaming\microsoft and other relevant folders it does recreate them , I am on a 700KBps connection and downloading 10 GB is time consuming because I just finished re downloading FSX SE on the Toshiba a couple of days ago.

So the only option is copy the whole folder to the Lenovo laptop and as I said I have used it the same way before.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus