Sign in to follow this  
rfresh737

Releasing a free 3D camera view app for FSX

I would like the CCM 3x3 to be no more than 5 x 5 cm, as that will fit nicely in most panels. I know the writing will be very small, but after a while I'll know the different text by heart and just need a "click point"

But my main problem is that as soon as I go into virtual cockpit and will set a view ie. captain, it's still zoomed wayyy in, and even with zooming out, I can't set any views. 

Using the latest v0.96d in FSX Steam.

I really had high hopes for this program, and maybe it's MY setup that is messed up somehow, but for now I have given up on it :-( 

Regards Joern

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

What is your ID Code please?

>I can't set any views

What happens to prevent you from setting any views? How are you attempting to set your view?

>5 x 5 cm

What is that in pixels? The square buttons are 55x55 pixels. HoW many buttons do you want and what pixel size. I don't know what 5 x 5 cm refers to? The buttons? The whole CCM form?

What aircraft are you using?

What is the default zoom value for that aircraft and where did you get that default zoom info from?

ID: 2-34FD8DE0

I can't zoom back with arrow keys, numpad or anything, so it's not possible to set a view.

5x5 cm = centimeters which we use in Europe. I'm not quite sure what it is in pixels. But a way to resize it like a window, where there's arrow keys in the corners you can pull/push would be nice.

All aircrafts from default cessna 172 to PMDG 737 .

Zoom factor 0.60 in the top right corner, but changing it to zoom .30 doesn't make any difference.

Jorn Lundtoft

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

1. Your are not using the latest version. Please down load and install the latest version. I can only help you if you are using the latest version. Thank you.

2. It sounds like your FSX isn't working correctly. So, you start up FSX and load in a C-172 and your default zoom in the upper right corner is 0.60? Is that right? That doesn't sound right as for the default aircraft, 0.30 is the default. And EZCamViews isn't even started at this point, right? What happens when you press the FSX default zoom out key? (-). Does it zoom out? I think from your answer it does and you say "it doesn't make any difference" which means what? The zoom doesn't change? If you press the FSX zoom keys - and = and the zoom doesn't change then you have a problem with FSX it sounds like.

3. You do know that you can resize the CCM window right? 5x5 cm for the buttons? Is that what your saying? I'm still not clear on what you want with the CCM window, you're trying to tell me you'd like 5x5 cm buttons?

4. We need to link our PC's together so you can show me exactly what the zooming problem is on your FSX. We can use Teamviewer from Teamviewer.com and talk over their VoIP. Please email me when you have this remote desktop support software installed and tell me what time would be best for you? I am in Los Angeles. Thanks.

Well, just uninstalled it and downloaded an installed the latest version from your homepage 0.96d, (which by the way was the SAME version I had installed) and with the same ID number.

loading the default cessna 172 and zoomed out to 0.30 BEFORE starting EZCam, and as soon as I press one of the predifined buttons for the C-172 in the CCM, the sim goes nuts again.

I don't know how to explain it different, but never mind, I'll "ground" Ezcam for now and hopefully when I reinstall FSX at sometime I will give it a go again.

Jorn Lundtoft

You do not have the latest version, 0.9.6d. Can you please email me a screen shot of your Setup Camera Views window showing me the version text in the lower right corner? Thank you very much. If it does in fact show 0.9.6d then I have a bug to fix.

"...the sim goes nuts again..." doesn't really help me to know what is wrong...when you want to trouble shoot this again, please email me and we will need to do a Teamviewer screen share so I can see exactly what you are doing. Thanks...

The file I have downloaded from your download section, and installed, is EZCamViewsSetup0.9.6d.exe so you might have a bug :-)

Teamviwer sounds like a great idea, but I'll just wait till you have the correct version up first :-) :-)

PS: Am I the only one of you guys who have installed it, who has this problem?

Jorn Lundtoft

>Teamviwer sounds like a great idea, but I'll just wait till you have the correct version up first.

0.9.6d is up and is the current correct version and you have verified you have it. Although I asked you to send me a screen shot and you didn't do that for reasons best known to you. There is no "correct version" for me to upload. You have it, according to you, but not verified by me.

I had one other flight simmer who reported a zooming problem. I told him the same thing I told you: I need to hook up with his screen using Teamviewer, and see exactly what he is talking about. I never heard back from him. I can't fix your zooming problem until I can see your screen and see exactly first hand what the zooming issues are. So, I will wait until you have the time to work with me so I can help you. Just email me when you are ready. Thanks...

I initially let the non-PMDG-related thread slide because I was sure people would find it useful. The thread has turned into a help desk / support thread, however, and while this forum is meant for that kind of activity, it's meant for that kind of activity for our products. Please find alternate means of supporting third party products.

Kyle Rodgers