Sign in to follow this  
airernie

Aeronca 15AC Air File

Sorry, I couldn't delete the message so I deleted the original text.

Essentially, I was having problems finding the air file for Mike Cronin's Aeronca 15AC.  Turns out that Windows 7 had it marked as hidden.

Only when I attempted to rename another air file to Aeronca15AC.air and ended up with Aeronca15AC (2).air did I realize the original was hidden.

Thanks,

Ernie

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hey Ernie,

Yaah - between Windows 7 and Avast - they can mess with Your Mind - I try to do all  My File Manipulation as Administrator - and You can do an exclusion for the offending file in Avast - I spend a lot of time - sitting around doing what the Computer wants to do - before I even get a chance to Play !!

Johnman

Hi Ernie

Check that .air isn't associated with Adobe Flashplayer. If it is, all of your .air files will be hidden.

-Dai

Thanks Dai,

I"ll take a look.  It was in the Aeronca directory, as was the one that was hidden when I re-downoaded the file from Avsim, so I'm hoping that means it's the correct one.

The whole issue with the air file began because I noticed that the instead of taxing for takeoff, the Aeronca would just wander aimlessly around the airfield.  Into the grass, though building, other aircraft, etc. 

I've still got to test whether unhiding the air file solved that or not, or if I have another issue with the aircraft.

Ernie