Everything posted by airernie
-
How's those tags working out for you?
<rant mode on> I thought the use of tags was supposed to make it easier to separate 2020 and 2024 content. Digging though untagged message for 2020 related information and most are untagged 20204 information. If we aren't going to have separate forums then could we please try to put some effort into something as simple as adding a tag to the message? <rant mode off> Thank you..
-
Issue with A320neo and ATC clearance
That's embarrassing.. Button was lit up, which is why I could hear, but the CALL button above the knob wasn't depressed which is why I couldn't contact.. What's more embarrassing is the video that you posted is how I first learned about the VHF1 knob many months ago. Thanks so much for the second prod..
-
Issue with A320neo and ATC clearance
Thanks, but unfortunately that's not the issue. As I mentioned in my post I can successfully listen to ATIS and hear other aircraft that is on clearance, which means VHF1 is activated.
-
Issue with A320neo and ATC clearance
This is a cry for help regarding the iniBuilds A320neo V2. I've posted on iniBuilds with no response yet. I also found a thread on forums.flightsimulator which describes a similar issue, but none of the suggestions have worked. The problem seems to have surfaced after the last update to either MSFS 2020 or the A320neo V2 because it was working in late September. No matter what I try I cannot get the default ATC to react to 'Request IFR clearance' using either a key or mouse press. I have tried SimBrief created flight plans, as well as MSFS flight planner generated GPS, Low Altitude, High Altitude routes, and departure airport only. Combined with the previous, I have imported SimBrief into the FMGS as well as created my own and even tried an empty flight plan on the FMGS before attempting to contact ATC. I have no issue with ATIS and once I click on the 'Contact Clearance' I can hear clearance talking with other aircraft, but I am unable to contact them. I do not have the issue with any other aircraft, so that's even more baffling. There might not be a solution, but any suggestion is appreciated because the A320neo V2 is worthless to me as is and I really did enjoy flying it. Thanks, Ernie
-
PMDG has 737 updates posted this morning.
It would be nice if MS would just get off their butt and post the previous update for the PMDG 737 to the marketplace.. The take away with the update issue is that I will no longer be purchasing third party aircraft from the marketplace if it's available from the developer regardless if it's higher priced.
- Tags only work if they are used.
- Tags only work if they are used.
-
Pop-out map
airernie replied to airernie's topic in Little Navmap | Little Navconnect | Little Logbook Support ForumThanks. Did the first part yesterday, but missed the third part, which was the most important.. Ernie
-
Pop-out map
It's been a while since I've done it but darned if I can remember how. How do I undock or pop-out the map portion of LNM? Thanks..
-
No 2020 / 2024 separate forums...
MSFS 2020 was the future when it was released and yet we still have FSX and FS9 forums. Sometimes the future isn't all that it's cracked up to be.
-
No 2020 / 2024 separate forums...
The official MSFS forum has separate tag options. Unfortunately, it hasn't stopped users from posting in the wrong forum or using both MSFS2020 & MSFS2024 tags. Having said that I would prefer separate forums since I'm still using MSFS2020.
-
High praise for what MSFS2024 will be
The thread title immediately brought back memories of the punch line to the old 'Microsoft Sex Joke'. 😀
-
Pilots ATR yoke?
It's happened more than once to me. Sometimes, making sure that the gust lock isn't engaged and then goosing the throttle a bit gets the aircraft moving. Other times.. restart.
-
Pilots ATR yoke?
Pilot's makes an ATR 72? Can only find the Dash 7 on their site.
-
Logitech Throttle Quadrant - Speedbrake
I also have the Logitech/Saitek throttle quadrant. In Controls Options I created a separate profile for my quadrant for the PMDG 737-800. Both the throttle and propeller levers are specified as Throttle 1 Axis and Throttle 2 Axis, so that I can control each engine independently. The Mixture lever is assigned under 'Flight Control Surfaces -> Secondary Control Surfaces' as Spoilers Axis. The 'Reverse Axis' option is unchecked on the Spoiler Axis. Full forward stows the speed brake. Moving it down takes it out of the stowed position and farther down moves it. You have to visually confirm the 50%, Flight Detent and Up positions since the quadrant doesn't have indents.
-
Airbus Overhead
I decided to give the Airbus A320neo (V2) a try, but can't seem to find a key binding to the overhead panel. I normally fly the 737 and ATR, and can access the overhead with a Ctrl+ number key combination. The default A320neo also has this capability. How do V2 flyers quickly access the overhead? Thanks..
-
FS24 IMPORTING SETTINGS FROM MSFS 2020?
There's an app on flightsim.to called FS202 Control that will produce a list. You can only export one device at a time, but it will write those to PDF or Excel files. You would need to export each control separately. Also, it might include some default settings that you're not using, but export in Excel and you can delete those that aren't applicable.
-
New Maps for LNM (update #4)
airernie replied to Bina's topic in Little Navmap | Little Navconnect | Little Logbook Support ForumThanks.. Nicely done..
-
Orbx NA ai program.
I think the 'North America' part was what confused users. The Orbx AI aircraft never covered North America. It only contained AI for some of the earlier regions (PNW, etc.). Some of the later regions and airports had their own AI.
-
Airac Cycle
airernie replied to Blaze's topic in The AS16 and ASCA | Active Sky | Active Sky Next | XPAX Support ForumThe Navigraph FMS Data Manager will display the current Airac cycle for each Addon. There is also usually a text file in the addon's Navigraph directory which contains the Airac cycle number.
-
Aircraft suddenly started loading below scenery
The placement is normal for FTX_VECTOR_AEC.
- Will SP2 crack work on FSX Acceleration
-
Model matching
The answer is yes, but you will have to create a VMR file which contains the PMDG aircraft and the model model it is to be matched to. vPilot has VMR files for UT2, MyTraffic, WOAI, etc. If you have one of these then model matching is pretty straight forward. However, the install doesn't include a VMR for most standalone aircraft. To create a custom VMR file you'll need to look at one of the files that came with vPIlot to see the format. Despite the VMR suffix, it's just a simple text file. Ernie
-
iFly Jets - The 737NG on sale
Correct, although the page contains download links for all three versions it isn't clear that $79.95 is for the P3D version. . The FS2004 and FSX version are considerably less. Also, if you go to the three individual pages only the P3D version contains the coupon. That is why I stated it was a bit confusing. However, that's my opinion and others may not find it so..
-
iFly Jets - The 737NG on sale
The listing is a bit confusing. Are you getting all three versions or just one? The text in red states " $10.00 Off iFly Jets 737NG for 2004/FSX/P3D", but the paragraph below reads "Each version requires a separate purchase". Price displayed is for the P3D version, the FS2004 and FSX versions are listed as $54.95.