Sign in to follow this  
dash8q400 flyer

Windows 10 and nvidia drivers automatic installation

Hello,

Generally, when I am installing a new nvidia driver, I am uninstalling the old one and afterwards proceed with the clean installation of the newest version. This method worked fine for me under WIn 8.1. In Win 10 however, after uninstalling the old driver and rebooting, I can not install the new driver as Win 10 is automatically proceeding with the installation of the old driver version. This is happening with or without being connected to the internet, regardless of selecting to "never install driver software from Windows Update" in System Propoerties> Device Installation Settings.

Has anyone been experiencing the same issue? Any suggestions?

Many thanks!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Uninstalling old drivers before installing the new ones was a essential step a long time ago, but now it's just not necessary. You can just install the new drivers over the old ones, the installers are smart enough to do what needs to be done.

There's really nothing to gain uninstalling the old drivers. That is necessary only if you have some kind of problem, or if you are downgrading to an older set, but outside those situations just install the new ones ;)

Cheers!

Thanks for your answer.Over the years, I've been following Nick's extensive guide for setting up the pc for best performance. In that guide he was insisting on clean driver installation for each update.

Yeah, I really don't like that guide. People spend so much time tweaking their system and flight simulators when they could be just flying... I think one of the biggest problems with Flight Simulation these days is just overtweaking. Yes, there are one or two changes that are essential, but the rest is just unnecessary. But anyway, that is just my opinion, and it's not a popular one here, so do what you think is better ;).

Cheers!

Yeah, I really don't like that guide. People spend so much time tweaking their system and flight simulators when they could be just flying... I think one of the biggest problems with Flight Simulation these days is just overtweaking. Yes, there are one or two changes that are essential, but the rest is just unnecessary. But anyway, that is just my opinion, and it's not a popular one here, so do what you think is better ;).

Cheers!

It's even worse with P3D, since there is only one tweak needed ,and anything else causes problems.