Sign in to follow this  
bluttch

too quick text display

Hi, I 'm new to radar contact and I do not understand English well so I used the text display but it scrolls too quickly. It would be possible to slow the speed of the text display.
Or better yet have the french texts .

Thank you.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello,

English is the only option available, sorry.

Assuming you are running RC4 on the same PC as FS you should make the following changes in the FSUIPC interface...

Show Multiline Window should be ON

Suppress Single line should be enabled.

That should prevent the text from scrolling. Hope that helps.

Ray Proudfoot thank you very much for your quick response , makes its reading easier .

Is it possible to increase the display time of each line as it is displayed only 4 or 5 seconds before moving to the next.

Thank you.

bluttch,

I run RC on a separate PC to FSX so unfortunately I can't see what you're experiencing.

You should be able to resize the window the RC menu is displayed in. The information RC displays is relatively static with menu items to select. If it's scrolling it suggests the window is too small for the information it's trying to display.

Are you able to resize the window? You may need to be in windowed mode, not full-screen.

There are a few ways that text can be displayed:

First in modules see if the obsolete advdisplay.dll is installed. I would disable that. That is retro.

Second are you using the display text option in RC? I think you are from your post. Disable that.

Third, while intended for network or cockpit users try installing the freeware showtext from:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66136-useful-additional-programs/

and read the .pdf. It states it also requires advdisp.dll but I'm not sure. The current fsuipcs handle that function. It has a polling feature that might provide some speed control.