Sign in to follow this  
ejoiner

Thank you for the Christen Eagle!

Just want to give a shout out to all those involved in putting the Christen Eagle together. It is an absolutly amazing aircraft to fly. Might I add a ton of fun. Next to the Real Air aircraft, I have never been able to do a hammer head turn so seamlessly before. :D It is the perfect aircraft to fly an outside loop at airshow center then do a hammer head turn at one end of the box, to return to airshow center for the knife edge pass! (The box being the airspace aerobatic competitions are held in.) The four point rolls are perfect, snap rolls are great, but I am still trying to perfect my lomcovak. :D So to Kevin Lechmanski (Long Island Classics) Let me give you a huge THANK YOU! :DKev

Kev,I really needed a break from the 747 sessions, this was definately it :-cool, thanks a lot for pointing me to it, and a million thanks to the authors for sharing it with us. For free!!!I'm not an expert, but I manage loops, rolls and hammerheads ok (I think), and that thing out on the left side is a great help! Now, can anyone help me to explain this:1. What's a snap roll, or the difference between an ... eh ... "ordinary" roll and a snap roll.2. What's a four point roll.3. Are any of those the one that makes the smoke look like a spiral tunnel, and can anyone explain how to do that (please).2. What's the meaning of the word "outside" in outside loop.3. And last: lomcovak sounds difficult, but what the **** is it?Have fun!

Guest wildfire563

I still remember reading about the Christen when it first came out in Flying magazine. It was really popular back then. I might even still have the mag at my parents. :-)Thomas

Thanks for starting this thread. Absolutely great airplane! last two days I have had several very fun sessions. Flew around KMRY (Monterrey California) and was reminded of John Denvers death near there. he had a christen eagle and was known to really love this airplane.Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Guest LilSki

1. What's a snap roll, or the difference between an ... eh ..."ordinary" roll and a snap roll.A snap roll is forcing the plane into a spin. At around 120 mph at level flight you pull full elevator, full rudder, and a little aileron. The plane will stall and whip "snap" around in a spin. The trick is to recover at the same altitude as you entered and remain going the same direction that you entered.2. What's a four point roll.This is when you start a normal aileron roll but pause at 90, 180, 270, and back to level flight. Again the trick is to maintain altitude and heading. 3. Are any of those the one that makes the smoke look like aspiral tunnel, and can anyone explain how to do that(please).I think you are talking about the spin. cut the throttle and stall the airplane slightly nose high with full elevator. Let the nose come down to level keeping full back pressure and then add full rudder in either direction. The plane should remain stalled and spiral downward until you release the controls and add down elevator and oposite rudder. You may add aileron input but it is not needed. Adding aileron in a spin will make it spin faster. 2. What's the meaning of the word "outside" in outside loop.Inside loop is a normal loop when pulling back to go up. Outside is when you enter the loop from an inverted state. 3. And last: lomcovak sounds difficult, but what the **** isit?The lomcovak I think is kind of a crazy series of uncontrolable maneuvers. The eagle really doesn't have the power to pull this off like an extra or edge 540 would. Glad you guys enjoy the eagle!! I messed up on two things but will release a patch along with a paintkit sometime this week. if you check out the XHN scheme it is missing the texture on the bottom of the stablizer. And the texture maping on the air scoops on the side of the fuse is messed up. Oh well not everything can be perfect ;)Kevin

Guest MattNW

An ordinary roll is an aileron roll. Basically the ailerons are doing most of the work and the nose of the airplane stays in the same place.In a snap roll you move the nose around in a circle. That's the one that makes spiral smoke pattern. A loop with a snap roll on the top when seen from the side draws a heart in the sky.An inside loop is a regular loop where the airplane is right side up. G Forces are pushing you down in the seat. An outside loop is just the opposite. At the bottom of the loop you are upside down and the G Force is pulling you against the harness.A lomcovak is where you pull up into the vertical and stall the airplane out just as you flip it over inverted then spin it while upside down. I think the word is Hungarian for headache. A four point roll is a regular aileron roll where you stop at four points during the roll (on the side, inverted, the opposite side and upright to finish). If you get tired of that then you can try an eight point roll with eight stops.

Thanks' guys, that sure clears things up for me. Now that I know what is what, I remember watching someone doing lomcovak at an airshow at ENKJ (Norway) last summer. It almost looked as if the pilot lost control up there ;).Didn't try to spin the Eagle last night, but I manage that wit RA Spit and the Marchetti. Cool if the Eagle is capable of that too ...Umgh! Have to work now, but tonight I'm gonna practise. YEAH!

Yes, it's a great looking plane that is easy on my frame rates, has a great virtual cockpit and flys great. Thanks for sharing it with us all!TonyBEVBetaSig.jpg

Guest Ronson2k

Has got to be my favourite bipe of all time. They have done a fantastic job as they do with all there aircraft. The detail (just look at the pilot) is amazing and the stunt flying is awesome. Another perminent place in my hanger has been filled with this bird.Keep up the great work. No doubt about it...Ronson2k

I think in Item 3, he must be meaning a Barrel Roll which can be executed by pulling up and to the right in a 20 degree angle then putting in aileron to the left. This creates an out of plane cicular roll that produces a horizontal "tunnel". Hope I explained that ok..I can do it no problem.other fun ones are the are lazy 8's and Cuban 8's.Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg