Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Is Running P3D repair in Control Panel of any use

I am plagued by blurries near the end of every flight, that make flying unacceptable. I have tried every suggested cure, and am now down to thinking a reinstall of P3D is the only solution. I see in the Uninstall reinstall instructions for P3d, that the repair function in control panel is suggested. Has anyone had any success with this, or am I better off just uninstalling and reinstalling the entire program? 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I wouldn't use repair unless you are very comfortable with making copies of files (the right files) and copying them back after the repair is done ... IMHO, I'd do a fresh wipe (complete - all 5 dirs and as uninstall doesn't necessarily remove all 5 dirs if there are 3rd party products within those dirs, you'll have to manually check).

BUT, before you do that, check my response in your other thread.

Cheers, Rob.

A repair is only going to restore any files that were installed during the initial installation to their original state, i.e. if a cloud texture was replaced by REX it would be restored to the original version.

A repair will NOT restore any configuration files that were written upon initial startup, i.e. prepar3d.cfg, scenery.cfg, etc.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

Can't run repair anyway, since when I clicked on it before, it says it needs some file that it can't locate.. Right now I am trying to find out if the normal P3D when flying and it's minimized, does it results in blurries after a few minutes running minimized, that are visible  when it is returned to full screen, and if so how long  does it take for the blurries take to clear up. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Can't run repair anyway, since when I clicked on it before, it says it needs some file that it can't locate.. Right now I am trying to find out if the normal P3D when flying and it's minimized, does it results in blurries after a few minutes running minimized, that are visible  when it is returned to full screen, and if so how long  does it take for the blurries take to clear up. 

That's probably due to missing CAB files in the ProgramData directory on your OS drive.

Not sure what you are trying to test by seeing if blurries are rendered while minimized?

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

That's probably due to missing CAB files in the ProgramData directory on your OS drive.

Not sure what you are trying to test by seeing if blurries are rendered while minimized?

Because I and a few other people are getting blurries towards the end of a flight, and I thought maybe because I can get them when minimized, that this was part of the problem. I just found out from Rob that this is normal for P3D. 

Roger that, hope you get it sorted.

13.jpg