Sign in to follow this  
mojo_uk1

Problems with aircraft textures

Hi. I have a problem with aircraft textures in FSX-SE not always displaying correctly. It a bit of a strange problem and I have not found any posts that relate to this despite searching for a few days. I'm not a total newb as I used to fly regularly a few years back but now I got the bug again. I have installed a few add ons such as Rex 4 and ORBX FTX Global base and FTX England scenery and a few aircraft. The problem I have is the aircraft textures disappear when changing views leaving just a white surface. This also happens to the cockpit and instrument panels although the dials are still as they should be. After anything between a few seconds to a few minutes they will suddenly reappear again. Anyone know what might be going on here and know how to fix it? I would be very grateful, its driving me nuts. I'm running an AMD FX 8320 CPU, a Radeon R9 270x 2GB DDR5 Video card and 8gig of RAM. OS is windows 10. I've attached a couple of screen captures showing the problem.

2015_09_07_00001.jpg

2015_09_07_00002.jpg

Edited by mojo_uk1

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Looks like the textures are not loading fast enough.  Did you push all the scenery sliders in the FSX scenery settings to the right?  If so, pull them back to the left a bit, especially the Autogen and Scenery Complexity sliders, then see if the textures load faster.