Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

Can't get SweetFX to work in FS9... Help please?

Hi,

I had SweetFX working fine on my last PC, but I can't get it to run on the new one I have just bought. Both PCs run Windows 7 64-bit and both (according to Direct X Diag) are running DirectX 11. I recall reading somewhere about needing v.9.0c, but since the old PC shows DX11 and SweetFX worked fine there, I am confused.

On the old PC, I had d3d9.dll and d3d9.fx in the main FS9 folder, as well as shader.fx and the 3 txt SweetFX files. On the new PC though, the d3d9 files cause FS9 to crash at start-up. Once I remove them, I am OK again. I tried with dxgi.dll/dxgi.fx (something about them being for  DirectX 10 & 11, the d3d9 files for DX9??) .. no crash now, true: but sweetfx doesn't work at all: nothing on the split screen for instance.

I'd really like to get this running again, not just for the graphics, but for the option to have a 1 pixel black border around FS9 in full-screen mode (at the moment I am back to having an annoying white border in full screen - again, just 1 or 2 pixels in width, but very visible (and irritating!) .

Hope someone can advise on the correct installation, as I am now very tired of Googling this with no result!

Thanks,

Martin

10 minutes later!...

This happens SO often.. I post a problem here (usually having spent ages trying unsuccessfully sort things out before coming to AVSIM) only to find that the problem disappears within minutes of my thread appearing! The magic of AVSIM..

I simply deleted all my SweetFX files, downloaded the latest version and copied the folder/files across again. Now SFX is working... though who knows what will happen when I fire up the sim tomorrow!

Thanks for reading anyway!

Glad you sorted it out, had a very similar problem which went away with an older version in my case.

I've sort of same issue but it is with Reshade. I've tried every reshade with Sweetfx combination only to get CTD instantly. Sweetfx is fine by itself, I want to get Field Of Depth from Reshade.