Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

martinlest2

Starting a/c cold & dark (How?)

I posted in the PSS Airbus forum, but sadly these days there seem to be few FS9 PSS Airbus flyers - none responding to my thread there anyway. But this is a more general question and maybe someone could help here. Even though in this instance the aircraft is a PSS a319/320/321, the question could certainly apply to other aircraft as well.

I have moved my FS9 & FSX to a brand new PC. In doing so, although I backed up and copied across all the relevant files, whereas on the old PC, when I started a flight with an a320, the a/c was cold and dark (as I have set up my default FS9 flight), I cannot seem to replicate this on the new PC: if I begin with the default flight, the Cessna is cold & dark, batteries off; then I switch to a PSS Airbus. The batteires (and fuel pumps and packs and engiine bleed swtiches etc. etc.) are now all on. I can switch them off, save the flight and verify in the flt file that all the option are 'false' or '0' or 'off'), and then open the saved flight again. All elctrics are on again.

I have tried adding "electric_always_available = 0", but that makes no difference.

In this instance (the PSS a3xx series) I know that the a/c can be started with switches off, as that's how I had it for several years prior to this new PC. Any insights as to why I cannot get the same now? Both O/Ss are Win7 x64 by the way.

Thanks,

Martin

Martin Stebbing, EGLF (UK)

OK, I reinstalled from my original PSS setup files, and in the FS9/PSS/A3xx folder found the 'AirbusPanelConfig.exe' file, which may have been missing before (or I just didn't see it!). I set that to start up the PSS Airbuses Cold & Dark - and now they do!

Solved...

Martin Stebbing, EGLF (UK)

Someone hit the "Easy Button" again.  Good show!

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

34%
    $8,610.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now