Sign in to follow this  
Zachiii

Windshield rain

I understand the ugly rain on my 737's windshield when the aircraft is moving is a PMDG feature.

If so, how do I turn it OFF.

Thanks,

Switch to the VC view and you won't see the rain drops on the windscreen. The NGX only displays rain drops on the windscreen when your using the 2D panels, but the rain drops wont display on the windscreen when your flying from the Virtual Cockpit, ie VC.

Btw, the rain drops on the windscreen in the 2D panels are not a PMDG feature, most FSX aircraft display thr rain drops on the windscreen when using the 2D cockpit panel, including the default aircraft. Not sure if there is anyway to turn if off though, except to not fly in rain.

Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Interesting, I was wondering why I wasn't seeing raindrops on the window (I always fly in the VC). I guess I'd have the opposite question, can you turn them on in the VC?

Interesting, I was wondering why I wasn't seeing raindrops on the window (I always fly in the VC). I guess I'd have the opposite question, can you turn them on in the VC?

no.

Regards,
Chris Volle

i7700k @ 4,7, 32gb ram, Win10, MSI GTX1070.

Windscreen rain was included in the JS41 along with icing effects. This eye candy costs, and some users had issues with their hardware keeping up so a feature is included with the JS41 to turn down the eye candy.  There is also a cost in terms of how much can be done in a model. The JS41 had room for extras, the NGX and 777 are a different story.

Dan Downs KCRP