Sign in to follow this  
Revd

Predicted performance of 747 v2

Hello all

Went back to my Triple 7 today after some time away: bloody hell that is a beautiful model! Well, I mention this because I notce that, apart from anything else, I get good performance on my rig despite this being quite obviously an extremely sophisticated and complex model. Forgive me, then, if the following question is a stupid one and incapable of being answered at this stage but I have no understanding of the technicalities of virtual modelling so please put it down to my ignorance. My question is: do you envisage the performance of the 747 version to 2 to be around the same, worse/better than the triple 7 using the latter as a benchmark?

Thanks

Neil

My question is: do you envisage the performance of the 747 version to 2 to be around the same, worse/better than the triple 7 using the latter as a benchmark?

It's a little early in the process to be discussing this, really. It's probably a better question for the beta stage, but if it helps at all, the 747v2 is being developed using the techniques that we picked up in the 777 and 737 development, so that should give somewhat of an indication.

Full names in the forum, too, please - first and last.

Kyle Rodgers

worse/better than the triple 7 using the latter as a benchmark?
My guess would be similar to the 777. They are very similarly sized airplanes and from the same band of PMDG tech, as pointed out by Kyle.

I think this time they should forget about the internal Passenger Compartment in the name of VAS.  :unknw:

I think this time they should forget about the internal Passenger Compartment in the name of VAS.
This would render some wing views etc not very interesting. I don't think the interior model actually has a huge impact on VAS. Also, with transparent cabin windows, what would we see? What would we see with open doors?