Sign in to follow this  
vgbaron

Prepar3D Version 3

Some programs are not meant to be migrated between versions.  In this case, Carenado indicated the Phenom was compatible with v3.

All you need to do is run the installer for the Phenom300.  Enter your license and e-mail.  When it comes to the screen for determining which product to install to, click on the browse button and browse to your P3Dv3 installation.  When finished, you will not see the product installed in P3Dv3 but the files are all located in C:\Program Files(x86)\Carenado Installation.  It will have a folder for fonts, one for effects, sound, one for gauges, etc., etc.  Just move those files over to your installation of P3Dv3.

This should work until they update their installer if they plan on doing that.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanx Jim - that resolved it.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Some programs are not meant to be migrated between versions.  In this case, Carenado indicated the Phenom was compatible with v3.

All you need to do is run the installer for the Phenom300.  Enter your license and e-mail.  When it comes to the screen for determining which product to install to, click on the browse button and browse to your P3Dv3 installation.  When finished, you will not see the product installed in P3Dv3 but the files are all located in C:\Program Files(x86)\Carenado Installation.  It will have a folder for fonts, one for effects, sound, one for gauges, etc., etc.  Just move those files over to your installation of P3Dv3.

Best regards,

Excellent, thank you !

Is updating Navigraph data to it working i wonder?  Will it find it once it's moved to V3 folders? 

Some programs are not meant to be migrated between versions. In this case, Carenado indicated the Phenom was compatible with v3.

All you need to do is run the installer for the Phenom300. Enter your license and e-mail. When it comes to the screen for determining which product to install to, click on the browse button and browse to your P3Dv3 installation. When finished, you will not see the product installed in P3Dv3 but the files are all located in C:\Program Files(x86)\Carenado Installation. It will have a folder for fonts, one for effects, sound, one for gauges, etc., etc. Just move those files over to your installation of P3Dv3.

Best regards,

Thank you jim!

Cheers~~

Thank you jim!

Cheers~~

LOL  I lost my Navigraph data.   I can't select airport, departure, approaching  etc...

I have a  Navigraph extension pack. But i can't select Navigraph data. 

Never problem at v2.5. 

How can i do?

Sorry for my bad english. 

Thank you. 

Best regards,

Hmm, didn't work for me.  I installed to P3Dv3 directory, but there's no carenado install folder.  I installed P3D v3 to a different drive letter my H:\P3D  folder.  Maybe that's why.  Guess I'll keep trying but may need to wait until Carenado updates their installers 

UPDATE:  I got it to work.  Instead of browsing to your P3D v3 folder, just type in c:\  in the install location box. Important, Do not select any of the fsx or p3d locations above the box, Leave them blank.  It will then do as Jim said, it will put the files in C:\Program Files(x86)\Carenado Installation.  Thanks again Jim.  :D

LOL  I lost my Navigraph data.   I can't select airport, departure, approaching  etc...

I have a  Navigraph extension pack. But i can't select Navigraph data. 

Never problem at v2.5. 

How can i do?

Thank you. 

I'm having the same problem, tried copying all the files over to p3dv3 folder. When in SIM, it won't let me select any airports from the MFD flp, just has 0.0 on the panel.  Hopefully be able to figure this one out.

Is updating Navigraph data to it working i wonder?  Will it find it once it's moved to V3 folders? 

I have not been able to get it to work.  I installed it to v3 as I did with the Phenom300 above.  I found the folders in the C:\Program Files(x86)\Carenado Installers but I cannot figure it out.  I have it installed in FSX too and none of those folders are in FSX.  It's possible the folders are temporary and will be removed after the navdata has been updated and put into a gauge or dll.  But how that is done is beyond me.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I have not been able to get it to work.  I installed it to v3 as I did with the Phenom300 above.  I found the folders in the C:\Program Files(x86)\Carenado Installers but I cannot figure it out.  I have it installed in FSX too and none of those folders are in FSX.  It's possible the folders are temporary and will be removed after the navdata has been updated and put into a gauge or dll.  But how that is done is beyond me.

Best regards,

Yeah, i've been trying for quite a while today.  Sometimes the Phenom 300 isn't even in the airplane list to choose from within P3D.  

I submitted a ticket to Carenado, to ask when P3Dv3 support will be available.  I'll post here when they get back to me.

Yeah, i've been trying for quite a while today. Sometimes the Phenom 300 isn't even in the airplane list to choose from within P3D.

I submitted a ticket to Carenado, to ask when P3Dv3 support will be available. I'll post here when they get back to me.

Thank you Tvegas. I'll Wait your post.

LoL

Sorry for that quote error.

I cant delete that.

Thank you Tvegas. I'll Wait your post.

LoL

Sorry for that quote error.

I cant delete that.

All i have so far. But they are working on it.

Greetings,

We're making several tests to make our products P3D v3 compatible, but we don't have a date yet.

Regards

Carenado Support

All i have so far. But they are working on it.

Greetings,

We're making several tests to make our products P3D v3 compatible, but we don't have a date yet.

Regards

Carenado Support

Thank you.

Hi Vic,

Regarding my earlier post where I stated the installer had an option for browsing to the folder and then installing. I tried that too and it did not work BUT just found the installation folder in C:\Program Files(x86)\Carenardo Installer. Basically you just move those folder over into P3Dv3. It worked for me! FPS in v3 are much better. At FlightBeam's KIADHD, I had 23 fps in the VC. Never saw the frames so high in the VC at KIAD before!!

EDIT: Forgot to add I had made several attempts to get this installed using the Carenado installer for this aircraft and I finally got an error that stated I had exceeded the number of allowed installations. I have sent them a support request to find out why I cannot install it any longer. I should be able to install it 150,000 times!

Best regards,

How did you solved this 403 eorr?

I have a same problem.

I cant install again.

Just maillng to surpport team?

I did that. But i received just wait a next patch. LoL

I need a install again.