Sign in to follow this  

Looking to get a new monitor, been hearing that the new wide screen are very good.  Any suggestions on whats best?

I have an I7 with GTX970 video card.

I'm gonna bump this topic...

I'm about to pull the trigger on a system (as soon as the i7 6700 is back in stock on Newegg) and will be running a 980 TI.

I initially was pretty sold on the 34'' Dell curved monitor but recently I've started to read mkre and more good things about 4k. If I went the 4k route, I'd probabky opt for the 40''. I see there is a 40'' curved Samsung model which would combine the best of both worlds, but it's a TV whixh I've read generally has a worse picture up close.

Thoughts? Oh and I use TrackIR if that makes a difference.

Thanks,

Ben

P3D 4.3, Windows 10/64 bit, Intel 6700k @ 4.7 air-cooled, NVidia 2080 Ti Founders Edition, ASUS Rog Maximus VIII Ranger, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 @3200, Phanteks Anthoo Pro Series Case, Samsung 950 Pro M.2 500GB, Sandisk 1TB SATA, Seagate 2TB Hybrid Drive, Cooler Master 700W, 40-inch Samsung 4k TV

I'm gonna bump this topic...

I'm about to pull the trigger on a system (as soon as the i7 6700 is back in stock on Newegg) and will be running a 980 TI.

I initially was pretty sold on the 34'' Dell curved monitor but recently I've started to read mkre and more good things about 4k. If I went the 4k route, I'd probabky opt for the 40''. I see there is a 40'' curved Samsung model which would combine the best of both worlds, but it's a TV whixh I've read generally has a worse picture up close.

Thoughts? Oh and I use TrackIR if that makes a difference.

Thanks,

Ben

I sit about 1 meter from a curved 65" Samsung 4K and the picture is very good, not perfect, but good enough to forget about quality and just get involved in the sim so I don't think you will have any complaints about a 40".

Also a TV is going to give you much more vertical space than the widescreen of course. Those 34" widescreens are really very small in the vertical direction.

The widescreen would be a better choice if you do more desktop work than simming.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

4K and 32", for me, is a nice mix of wider field-of-view and just enough on-screen pixel density to mitigate aliasing, and keep gauges readable