Sign in to follow this  
unc1rlm

Add-on liveries crashing p3dv3.0

I seem to have trouble getting 737ngx in. I downloaded from pmdg the latest file, I have an pmdg account.   Install as normal and simconnects. I guess I am suppose to use the activation tool v2?  cause it doesn't ask for serial..one time everything was fine but the minute I download any liveries..and lets say reboot, P3dv3.o won't boot. I have taken everything out and removed all references to pmdg in registry. No go. I have not reinstalled till I hear back. I do not have 2.5..installed any longer but  a clean install of 3.0 only. Is there suppose to be a V2 folder of P3D in the Lockheed Martin folders ? BTW using Windows 10.

Thank you,

Bob Morehead

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Got it installed and by the way, the activation window shows up inside the fmc..mine was previously activated. think I am fine but I am not downloading any liveries untill I absolutely am sure that its not going to crash my P3Dv3.0

Thanks,

Bob Morehead

OK SO much for wishful thinking. I install PMDG into p3dv3.0 and I install a livery..pick one...Everything loads up, plane initializes in the new livery. If I save that flight and make it the default...and I go out of P3d v3.0...P3dv3.0 will not boot at all. Now what?

Thanks,

Bob Morehead

I don't think you want to make a default scenario with any complex addon such as the NGX. Keep it simple.

I almost ran away from this when I read you edited your registry removing PMDG references. Shudder!

Go to the prepar3d.cfg file and move it or delete it and let P3D start with a default configuration, then select your vehicle such as the NGX.