SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSEA Demo Terrain/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/LOWI Demo Area/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/denmark-pro/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/norway-pro/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/zzz_Treelines_Farms_Europe_v2/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/zzz_uhd_global_scenery1/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/zzz_hd_global_scenery3/

Try this, it should help :)

Much appreaciated!  :wink: Will try this out!

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Hello! I fixed the load order a bit  for you/

Can Libraries be placed wherever in scenery_packs.ini, or is there a "rule"?

You can put libraries whereever you want unless there are two libraries which modify the same objects, then the higher takes priority, but they won't block scenery

• Upvote 1

Ok thanks, world-models on top of the other libs just to be safe, then?

Beta 2 is now ready for testing. Changes:

• Fixed clipping of roads through woodland
  • Fixed leaning buildings
  • Added new facade set for industrial/commercial buildings
  • Used height information from OSM for tall buildings, so cities should look more realistic (where mapped)
  • Added Tom Knudsen’s lighthouse and church models
  • Added Experimental Mesh for a few coastal tiles
  • Updated data from February 2016

I've also included as a seperate download an experimental mesh covering Ålesund, Narvik, Bodø, Bergen and Sandane. The mesh will update the coastline, water and landclass to better match the scenery. I haven't done all of Norway yet, but I'm interested in feedback. It takes a long time to build the mesh, so initially it's only the badly affected areas.

Edit: Forgot download link (http://world2xplane.com/2016/01/03/norway-pro/)

• Upvote 2

Awesome!!  :BigGrin:  Downtown Oslo looks soo much more real!  "Barcode" and everything.

Btw, anyone have some tip on how to get city night-lighting in XP more realistic?

Once again, outstanding work Tony. I didn't think Norway could get much better after Beta 1 - but now it is! I have yet to try the mesh, but other than that I love the new lighthouses. Also, urban centres look considerably better now, presumably due to the new height mapping (?).

Have you considered making a payware "Scandinavia pro" package, covering Norway, Sweden and Denmark? I'm sure people would pay good money for it. Although we're seriously spoiled by all the great freeware scenery out there. :P

Btw, anyone have some tip on how to get city night-lighting in XP more realistic?

I recommend this mod: http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=27759

In addition, make sure to install Real Terra Haze (if you haven't done so already) and adjust the lights settings to your liking. By default, the lights are way too bright, so dialing the settings down will make them look better and more realistic.

• Upvote 1

The mesh only covers a few tiles, but I'll update it as bad areas are reported (i.e. buildings in the water, etc).

Have you considered making a payware "Scandinavia pro" package, covering Norway, Sweden and Denmark? I'm sure people would pay good money for it. Although we're seriously spoiled by all the great freeware scenery out there.

Well all that is needed now is Sweden. The data I have here only covers about 80% of the country, so there would be gaps unfortunately. Regarding releasing as payware, it's not something I'm considering at the moment unless hosting costs becomes too high. Releasing a full mesh and scenery would mean a download of several GBs, so I'll see how it goes (I'll likely resort to hosting as torrents first, as I don't want the support burden of having payware).

I love the new lighthouses

Did you find them? I think there is a bug in the data, as I haven't actually found any yet, although I see they have been placed in the DSF. I'll need to go hunting

Did you find them? I think there is a bug in the data, as I haven't actually found any yet, although I see they have been placed in the DSF. I'll need to go hunting

There's one close to Bodo airport (ENBO), when approaching RW07. In previous versions it was a huge white tower, which looked somewhat out of place. In B2 it's the new model, so it definetly worked. :smile:

Update: I've also had a quick look at Narvik with the new mesh. Impressive stuff to say the least!! May I ask how the mesh was made? Having fiddled with X-Plane meshes myself (without any success whatsoever) I can only assume that witchcraft was involved. :P 

Having fiddled with X-Plane meshes myself (without any success whatsoever) I can only assume that witchcraft was involved.

I tried witchcraft, didn't work ;), so I grabbed the source code for LR's MeshTool and modified it slightly to do what I want. I use the same data I used for the object scenery, so there shouldn't be any discrepancies. However it turns out there is dodgy data and a few buildings are actually 1 or 2km out at sea. I'll get this fixed for the next version.

I will the new Beta hope it works nicely on my laptop , is it a huge download ?  

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

I will the new Beta hope it works nicely on my laptop , is it a huge download ?  

For you and I, it's a big download ;). If you want both the mesh and the objects then it will be about 600mb so far.

Should perform just fine, Norway isn't exactly heavily populated

For you and I, it's a big download ;). If you want both the mesh and the objects then it will be about 600mb so far.

Should perform just fine, Norway isn't exactly heavily populated

Thanks Tony I will try and download it today. Quite busy after work with DCS :) and thanks to JCOMM for the Mig21 module it is pure magic. I would never had studied PMDG boeings (if I had) the way I am doing for the Mig21.

I will get both the Mesh and the scenery . I have world-models 0.7.6 IIRC.

Downloaded Beta 2 but not the mesh atm will do that later. Let's see how the laptop pulls this scenery and than I am off to Russia to show off in the Mig21 :) why the heck did I sell my desktop