Sign in to follow this  
Seme

Amazing experience

Dear Community,

Almost 6 months of not flying, I had the time to do a flight with the mighty T7 freighter from PANC-EFHK (addon airports). I was wise enough to update all the bells and whistles the day before, so it would not take the time from the flying. Anyway, fired up the sim, used real time weather and planned the route using PFPX... Entered the cockpit and I was amazed that even though I had a 6 months break, my memory was not totally formatted itself ....

The plane was ready to takeoff after a rough 30mins... Taxied to rw33 and made a beautyfull takeoff... wow.. everything works, I did not make mistakes (at least not many...) and few moments later, happily cruising in FL320 (she was quite heavy).

At this point I was really happy that everything run smoothly, no stutters, no problems whatsoever... Enabled the time compression and did some other thigns in the meanwhile and after couple of hours, disable it and started to plan my decent and landing. I was almost 100% sure that something will go wrong during the landing... meaning that either I get OOM, or at least I will .... up the landing myself... Planned the landing in full flaps configuration in rwy 15 from where I have a short taxi to the cargo apron... and voila! At the time of capturing glide slope I was full configured and hand flying the mighty beast... Nice touchdown and taxi to a stop.

This made me really happy and Im all excited again for FSX! After the long pause in my simming, it was still very very easy to put yourself in the shoes of a captain. I just want to say the plane is a best addon I have ever encountered for FSX and PMDG´s touch for detail is amazing.

Thank you PMDG for providing this bird and I sure hope the 744v2 will be as good as this - cause im not sure is there anyway to make better aircraft than the T7?

I will sure fly today again! (and for this I have to thank my wife and kids, who are away from home couple of days) :Big Grin:

Cheers

Seme

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I will sure fly today again! (and for this I have to thank my wife and kids, who are away from home couple of days) :Big Grin:

Glad you're back into it!