Sign in to follow this  
Mariopilot

Dassault Mercure Newsletter #4

Well, here I am at it again. The project is still alive and well, and today's updates are:

MN_Mercure_post04_0.jpg

A paint job for the tail fin!

MN_Mercure_post04_1.jpg

Same goes for the main gears....

MN_Mercure_post04_2.jpg

painted RAT....

MN_Mercure_post04_3.jpg

Nose gear textured...

MN_Mercure_post04_4.jpg

Retractable air-stair unit. This and all the doors and cargo hatches will be operable via the door/hatch status indicator on the overhead panel (original unit is only a display, but in-sim I plan to make the lights click-to-open door). Note that the texture needs to be still worked on... the red line along door/hatch seams is only a temporary aliment color in the textures...

MN_Mercure_post04_5.jpg

stair going in.

MN_Mercure_post04_6.jpg

almost retracted. Air-stair modeled according to original AFM drawings! The animation is also linked to the nose gear suspension so it compensates for changes in payload and it stays on the ground all time.

MN_Mercure_post04_7.jpg

work on the interior has begun. Although textures are mapped, they are to-do. They are here disabled for clarity...

MN_Mercure_post04_8.jpg

the full cabin area... still missing seats and details! Cargo areas are modeled too, but without textures they still look too awful for a screenshot :)

Stay tuned for more!

signature.jpg

Very cool!  I've enjoyed your aircraft throughout the years Mario!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Wow!!! This is looking amazing! Hope to be able to fly it someday!

Thanks!! I really hope so. This is a freeware project as always! Will ship in a FS-9 and FS-X version (true FS-X with bumpmaps etc...)

I doubt it will be ready by the end of the year! Maybe 1st quarter 2016...

I still need to get 2D and virtual cockpit done, finish texturing, prepare the documentation.... at least external model is almost complete (some animations need to be programmed accordingly to systems, as of now they either mirror default animations or respond to SHIFT+E for testing ...)

signature.jpg