Sign in to follow this  
hawx2k

Youtube: B737 retirement flight for BA Virtual from Oslo to Copenhagen

Hello fellow 737 pilots,

I recorded a video with the PMDG 737-800NGX paying tribute to the retirement of the B737 at British Airways Virtual, following the example of its real-world equivalent.

https://youtu.be/dY0XA1xqSAQ

We are flying a short leg from Oslo to Copenhagen on the special B737 retirement tour for BA Virtual.

This is an uncut full flight with pretty much all major procedures (and walk-around :)).

I hope you enjoy watching the video (as much as I enjoyed flying the PMDG 737).

Thanks,

Jan

Jan - Really enjoyed the video.  Nicely done.

Just a couple of basic questions:

1. Your views around the cockpit seem so effortless.  Are you using TrackIR or something similar?
  2. You seem to be able to control switches, dials, etc without first putting your mouse pointer on the devise and then clicking.  Are you using a switch panel? If so, what are you using?

Thanks,

JD

Hi JD,

glad to hear you liked the video :).

To your questions:

1. I don't have TrackIR, I use EZDOK for moving inside the VC and outside. The walkaround for example is not possible without EZDOK (unless you would use the new Avatar in P3D v3 :)). 

2. Well, I'm recording in FullHD on a 4k Display in OBS. Hence OBS needs to downsample from 4k to FullHD. As a result in the recorded video the mouse pointer is not where it should be but completely displaced. Because that is terribly confusing I deactivate the mouse pointer altogether in the recorded video. I see it, but it's not being recorded.

I hope that helps a bit explaining.

Cheers,

Jan

What kind of processor and graphics you have? That walkaround is cool, good selling point for EZDOK, but only if my comp can handle it (4+ GHZ)

Thanks Jan for sharing Enjoyed it.

Ive just booked the same flight  :wink:  :smile:

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Thanks Jan for sharing Enjoyed it.

Ive just booked the same flight  :wink:  :smile:

It's fun sharing it, so you are very welcome :). The 737TOUR just got extended until end of November btw :).

What kind of processor and graphics you have? That walkaround is cool, good selling point for EZDOK, but only if my comp can handle it (4+ GHZ)

Hi Nick,

in short: i7 4790k @ 4.6GHz, AMD Radeon R9 290X (Sapphire Tri-X OC), 16GB RAM, Win 8.1, SSDs

I actually don't think EZDOK is very resource hungry. I don't see any fps drops using EZDOK compared to not using it :).

Greetings, Jan