Sign in to follow this  
Norman West

Cut and Paste

I am trying to cut and paste in the Linda editor (ver 2.6)  I can neither cut Ctrl+c nor paste Ctrl+p. I have now deleted version 2.6 and loaded ver 1.13 but I still cannot cut and paste. I must be doing something wrong but I can't figure what. I highlight the text I want to cut/paste with the shift and arrow keys, I then press CtrlC (I have tried both upper and lower case) I then place the curser at the desired pasting spot but CtrlP produces nothing. There is a thread on this subject with a link that sounded like it might be useful but the link is no longer active.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Norman West

Hi Norman

Welcome to the LINDA community.  I have tried the keyboard cut-and-paste (CTRL+C & CTRL+P) as you describe on my Mac/Windows development system and it works for me.  I can't try it on my PC test system at the moment but I will when I get the opportunity.  

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

I have sometimes problems too.

My problem is that I can't highlight a complete line.

For example if a code line has 50 characters I'm only able to highlight (and copy therefore) about 25 of them.

I have then go with my mouse to the next line (this is then highlighted also completely) to get the first line highlighted also completely.

The strange things is, that this error does disappear after a while (or after the first copy process I can't say) and it appears not always.

This is a kind or error a developer will hate therefore I haven't mentioned it ;)

I can live with it.

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you Guenter. I have also had the partial line selection problem. The code for the editor is all third party so I am not sure what I will be able to do. I will take a deeper look.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Thanks for your welcome Scotflieger, and thank you guys for your inputs. I have found a solution that works for me. I had success copying and pasting in the Linda editor using Ctrl+ins for copying and Shift+ins for pasting. I would be interested to know if it works for you.

Norman West

CTRL+P = PRINT I would suggest using ctrl+v to paste as that works for me

• Upvote 1

Well spotted kiwi1956. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK