Sign in to follow this  
swambast

What's Up With Lago?

Guest usajet93

Okay I don't know whats up with Lago's Website. But I can't register at all. Or download Past Service packs. They have 1.20 and 1.42. But not 1.40. And when I install only 1.20 patch the all the panels like overhead,throttles blah blah blah come up and disappear right away. And when I install the 1.42 patch is freezes up and I have to restart the game.

Guest azflyboy

As far as I am concerned, Lago is a dead company. They have virtually stopped releasing new products, and their once legendary support has ceased to be. You could try postin on their forums, but since they are mosly a ghost town now, you might not get a response for a long time.

Guest usajet93

The problem is I can't register.

I've just tried to login, but like you I also got an error message.Dave F.

Why don't some big sites like Avsim, Flightsim or Simflight uncover such companies?A good story attracts the attention of a large public, and maybe additional pressure is generated to get some official reaction out of such companies.Without someone stirring up the pot a cloak of silence surrounds them, and innocent customers are trapped one after another.Andreas

What a shame. I was quite impressed with the few Lago products I bought, including the Twin Otter and the Mighty Fin.I've just had a look at their 'support forum' - there is indeed nothing happening, although you can still buy the products. Ian

Guest hassata

I've been able to register fine and to download products purchase pre 2004. Sure you have the right login info?

Guest sbdwag

One thing you need to know if you have any ideas about purchasing FSE from Lago. Lagos website that allows you to download the thousands of free scenery files has not been available for weeks now. Judging from their previous attempts at fixing and solving issues with this website they mighty NEVER be available again. There are alot of objects availible here thanks to the ingenious ability of a few to upload those without the help of Lago.You would probable be better off waiting for AbacusPubs EZ-Scenery due out tomorrow and wait for the review on it. It appears to offer very similar results in adding scenery without the requirements of owing it to actually use the scenery.RegardsDennis Waggoner

Guest Michael

Hi, I started dealing with Lago in 1998. Back then, their support was un-paralelled. However, after the release af Italy 2000, there was some sort of intrigue ( I don't remember all the details) and ever since, the original friendliness of the company seemed to evaporate. Any ways Angelo Moneta was a great asset to Lago. Just my 2 cents. Cheers!

Yes, I used to be an avid fan of LAGO when FSE came out, and even was involved in beta testing.But now - there are (pretty convincing) rumors that the company is on the verge of closing shop, and there is a skeleton crew left. In fact, there have been legal disputes and public outcrys from developers that worked for LAGO, and never were paid their rightful royalties.IMHO, stay far, far away from this company. It is a shame, really, and I am saddened to report this...

Guest ponyboy

This thread caught my eye since I used to use FSE ions ago until all those LAGO issues took place. So for kicks I went back to their forum to see if was still around... guess it's been about year since I went there or used their products.Oh my gosh, I see current threads from the same people I saw a year ago! Still having issues, still complaining. All I can do is chuckle. People... get a clue and quit polishing the chrome of a sinking ship.

Ponyboy, I know what you mean. It is actually kind of both sad and humorous to see users once so viciously loyal to LAGO and would defend them at any cost, are still there but now complaining and "almost" finally realizing that their beloved LAGO is soon to be no more.