Sign in to follow this  
torfih

w2xp_Europe_1_West - annoyances

HI, just installed this from Simheaven and it is great exept it ruins some airports with generic buildings, in my instance the aged but good Keflavik from Aerosoft. It is now littered with buildings from w2xp. Can I change this, in WED with an exclution zone or what?

Torfi

You've answered your own question :-). You need to add exclusions for objects and facades to the Aerosoft airport (I'm also really surprised a company selling commercial scenery didn't already do this, it's very bad practice not to include them).

Also, make sure the aerosoft airport is above the W2XP scenery in your scenery_packs.ini file.

Hi torfih,

it's probably due to the scenery priority. In your Custom Scenery folder there's a file called scenery_packs.ini. The order of the entries is important. Basically, airports are at the top and meshes are at the bottom. X-plane checks for new scenery and will put new entries at the top of the scenery_packs.ini. You'll need to edit the file and put the w2xp entry near the bottom, above any meshes. There are explanations around , try this: http://www.x-plane.com/?article=changing-custom-scenery-load-order-in-x-plane-10.

regards,

jbee1a

Thank you, I'm unsure how I edit Keflavik airport package in WED but editing the scenery_packs.ini did the trick. Keflavik Airport from Aerosoft is old (and buggy?). I have to make an exclusion zone for facades or it does not appear in X-Plane at all.

Torfi

And as tonywob told all old aerosoft airports don´t have any exclusion zones.. While exclusion zones were mandatory since X-Plane 7, most scenery designers ignored them till the global airports appeared with 10.30 . So the aerosoft airports were normal, when they appeared but since Aersoft seldom updates their products, if the disgners don´t push them nothing happened. So Heinz Flichtbeil, the main Aerosoft support member for X-Plane made a scenery that contains the exclusion zones for all aerosoft airports ( http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/90668-new-version-exclusion-zones-for-aerosoft-airports-v-15-okt172015/#comment-647727 )