Sign in to follow this  
MattM1121

Driving 5+ monitors on the same rig

Greetings,

I'm trying to find out how to drive 5 or more monitors on the same PC. (I'm building a home cockpit)  I'll be getting some type of AMD ATI card in the near future. (Can't use NVidia due to another sim that I use)

It's obvious that I would need multiple cards to do this. But is there some certain configuration that needs to be implemented? Or do I simply add two cards which would give me 8 ports?

I currently have an ATI HD 78xx series card already that uses 4 ports. I'd like to be able to throw another GPU - a 980 Ti say - and use the new card to drive two monitors that would use the 3D views and the HD 78xx providing the instrumentation views. 

Possible?

This will be on a rig with Windows 7 x64

I appreciate your feedback about this.

Thanks,

-Matt

Hi,

I am not using AMD, but NVIDIA.

Runnig in total 7 LCD screens in my PMDG B737-800 cockpit simulator

Take a look here

http://www.flightsim4fun.com/b737-800-simulator.html

for some ideas, even if this solution is based on NVIDIA.

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

Thanks for the input. I meant to add that I'd be getting a AMD ATI R9 390 not the NVidia GTX. Looking at your page I don't see how you're driving 7 monitors with one card. Unless I missed something.

I am using 2 cards, a GTX780 and a very cheap GT630 (50USD) together with a TH2GO.

If you look at the sideshow on the page

I copied in my last response, you will see how

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

Ah yes, I missed that. I was expecting the same type of card. Ok, so you have two different cards. That's good. I'll keep my HD 78xx with the 390. I'm hoping to get better performance with multiple 3D window views. I can't use the H2GO series since I only have 36 inch wide set up. (It's under the stairs)

I purchased the 390 today along with a new 1000w PS. The 600w PS just won't cut it. I'm also going to test a 7" LCD touchscreen with FSFK ACARS and the FSMap inflight moving map. I'm hoping it'll be sharp enough to look good.

That's a very nice pit you have BTW. Something to be jealous about. :)

Hi,

I am not using AMD, but NVIDIA.

Runnig in total 7 LCD screens in my PMDG B737-800 cockpit simulator

Take a look here

http://www.flightsim4fun.com/b737-800-simulator.html

for some ideas, even if this solution is based on NVIDIA.

Very Impressive!

Ed

ASRock 2390 Phantom Gaming 4S - Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6ghz - (4.6ghz turbo) liquid cooled -32GB DDR4-3000 mhz OC - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB - 480GB SSD - 970 EVO PLUS M.2 1TB

Pilot      C152 - C172SP - PA-28-181 Archer II - Piper PA-28 Cherokee -  AOPA# 09053717

https://www.pcflyers.org/