Sign in to follow this  
JohnsonII

New to FSX

To 11Bravo from former 32Zulu.  Glad to see you here.  I'm new too and trying to get my feet wet in the Flight Sim world.  Been using FSX Gold addition, and in the precess of upgreading my PC to get more UMPH out of it.  Have to admit getting started it tough.  I don't know the language ! Anyway, been flying the old DC-3, the DC-6B and the Super Constalltion. Not sure how to use this forum, but am willing to try.

Johnsonii

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Johnsonii

Hello Johnsonii and welcome to the Forums.  Yes when you start it can seem daunting alright but just jump in and chat along.  Do what i do, ask the same question over and over again, it works for me  :smile:

Thanks, and happy to be here.  I do have a question about the Justfight DC-6B.  I have a yoke with the prop and mixture leavers.  They do not work in this program.  I can only move the props inside the program, and then only one at a time.  There is a big handle type lever on the dash, but it only controls engine 1, or 4 and nothing else.  Seems to strange to have that huge lever on bord and only control one engine.  Also, why doesn;t my yoke control work in this program ???  Do I have to chenge something inside the FSX setting to get it going ???  I have a both 32 and 64 bit operating systems on my conputer and they both work the same.   Also, anyone have any operating instructions for the Justflight DC-6B.  There is nothing on the disk or the download.

Hope this isn't to much to start off with.  I love the sim.  For now, no steam.

Just an update...my yoke seems to work now.  Not sure way, but will take it.  Been flying the Douglas DC-6B and haveing fun with it.  It's slow but gives me the time to understand whats going on.  Have landed it a few time without bouncing down the runway.  I'll contact Just flight and see if there's a reason why the mixture control works like it does.  To all, thanks for the encouragement.

Johnson

Hello Johnson,  i didn't see your previous post till now,  to be honest it wouldn't be my area anyway.  Glad your working through it though.    Maybe somebody else with knowledge in this area might bounce in here 

Welcome to the wonderful world of flight simming!

As an FYI, you might want to move questions about aircraft to either the FSX or plane specific sub-forums (assuming one exists for the AC you're asking about).