Sign in to follow this  
marcofallon1998

Some Issues with my Speedlink Black Widow Joystick: Rudder Control

Hi, I'm Marco, and I'm new to the forum!

I just wanted to ask for a bit of help here - I got a Speedlink Black Widow Flight Stick last year for Christmas, and it worked like a dream up until the end of October. The main issue with it is that the one of the rudder leavers only work, and if I press it, the rudder locks to the left and is then immobile. Whenever I put the throttles up to 100% it always spins around the runway and therefore it is almost impossible to leave the ground. 

If anyone could maybe point me in the right direction here it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Marco

P.S. Hello from Glasgow, Scotland!

Edited by Jim Young
Topic title changed from upper case to lower case as ALL CAPS is considered to be shouting and rude and not allowed on AVSIM.

Hi Marco,

Welcome to the forums.

I use the self same stick without any problems.If you want help please provide some more details,such as which windows system are you using,which version of flight sim are you using and which aircraft is it happening with?

With so much variety to choose from a little more detail will go a long way in trying to help you solve your problems.

Norman,

Thanks for the reply. This issue occurs on ALL of my FSX aircraft. 

Systems:

Processor: AMD FX-6350 Six Core Processor 3.90 GHz

Memory: 16.0 G8

System Type: 64-bit OS.

Hope this helps and we can come to a solution.

Hi Marco,

Are you using Win 7 ,8 or 10 as your OS?

Do you have any add on aircraft or are you only using the default ones which shipped with FSX?

Norman,

I am operating FSX with Windows 7. I have lots of addon aircraft, which all have the same issue

Thanks for the reply again.

Marco,

Do you have the PMDGNG aircraft?

If you have position it on any apron and power it up so that all of the hydraulic systems are working.Open up the controller page in FSX and make sure that your controller is the one selected.(Black widow can appear as a mouse/yoke at times).If it is showing up ok pick an outside view from the rear of the plane and check the rudder operation on the ground.If it is swinging all one way the problem is still present.

On the controllers page re-check all settings reverting to the default settings and try the rudder test again.

Do you have FSuipc installed.If you have you can also use this program to set up your rudder and do a similar test.

One thought is,have you dropped your controller at all?They are quite fragile and you might have dislodged something within its workings.What changed when the rudder lever stopped working?

Come back on Tuesday if it is still not working ok.