Sign in to follow this  
Pitter

2 problems after 5 flights without problem

I made 5 flights today, without any problem.

When I start Radar Contact for flight 6, I got in the flightplan window (left next to "StartRC" button):

"to @0 (Alt1-, Alt2) / RVSM"   No flightplan at all

Also "Rebuild Scenery" is not working. It says only: RC rebuilding r4.csv, running  and RC finished rebuilding r4.csv   and

RC rebuilding new a4. csv file   and  RC finished rebuilding a4.csv.

No word about rebuilding scenery database completed or successful or something like that. (I do not remember the right words)

I can also not reload those 5 previous plans. 

Flightplans are made with FSC

Any help appreciate

Peter

You don't get a final message saying all builds have completed.

Reboot PC. If problem still exists paste one of your problematic plans here.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

There are two steps for a scenery rebuild:

RC executes Makerwys.exe in your FS folder and you should see its messages about collecting airports and runways and finally a finished message from makerwys. You then should see RC's messages about building r4.csv, finishe, then building a4.csv and finished. Wait a few seconds after the a4.csv finished before exiting so disk writes are completed.

After makerwys finishes RC copies r5.csv in your FS folder to RC's data folder as r4.csv and then creates a4.csv from r4.csv to calculate the airport center from the runway and taxiway layout since the geographical reference could be different but it would be close.

If RC is not executing makerwys first you can use the network method as described in the RC 4.3 manual by executing yourself makerwys in your FS folder, andwering "yes" to your on a network, and then continue to the copying/creating functions of RC.

Be sure your path to your FS folder is correct when RC requests it for each build. I keep that path to my fs folder in a document with a shortcut on the desktop so as to avoid typos by copying  and pasting it into RC's fs folder path query (handy for other apps also). Also be sure you are running RC with admin privileges (two levels for Win 7 and later) so it can execute makerwys and can get into the FS folder. For previous flight plans you must have the RC .flt/.wxr path set correctly and never cancel out of that explorer like browsing to set that path or RC will corrupt files and generate an error 62. Also go through to the final OK and never cancel out of that browsing. To avoid a reinstallation once you have had a successful flight make a safe copy of rcv3.dat and keyboard.dat in a folder outside of FS and RC. Sometimes copying those two files back can avoid a reinstall.

A quick test you can do for verification is check in your fs folder the date-time stamp and size of r5.csv. The go to your rcv4/data folder and check the size and date-time tamp of r4.csv and it should be close to that of the noted r5.csv. The date-time stamp of a4.csv should then be just a few seconds later than r4.csv but the size will be different as it is a different data set.

See if these "self-help" features assist you at all.

Tks for the replys.

@Ron

I hope that I understand you correctly.

First, I found that I have no such programm called MakerWys in my FSX nor RC4 Folder. I got that, installed in FSX main folder and

executed.

Checked FSX main folder: r4.csv 04.12.2015 14:11  4500KB,  r5.csv 04.12.2015 14:11 4615KB

rcv4/DATA  r4.csv 18.09.2005 09:34  4682KB

Then I executed scenery rebuild via RC4 button. Only the same messages as above in my first post. Nothing about MakerWys.

After that checked again r4.csv, r5.csv and rcv4/DATA r4.csv, all unchanged

Peter

Peter.

You have to initiate the build via RC by pressing Rebuild Scenery DB. You should then be prompted to run MakeRunways (although it may execute it itself, not sure as I have RC4 on a separate PC).

Do it that way and then check RC4\Data folder for updated a4, c4 and r4 csv files.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray,

that is exactly the problem. It is not working. See my orign post at row nbr 4

Peter

Peter,

Are you sure RC knows where your FSX folder is? It all points to it not knowing if the files aren't being copied across.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray,

I*m not shure. But I think so because untill yesterday it was working without problem.

I am not a computer guru, so pls tell me how I can check it out. If you mean the folder where RC get his flt plans from, that way is setup correctly.

Peter

Peter,

RC4 needs to know the location of FSX.EXE so it can copy r4.csv from that folder to RadarContact\Data folder.

If you press Rebuild Scenery DB please describe what happens.

What should happen is MakeRunways will run and then r4.csv will get copied from the FSX folder to RC4\data folder and then rebuild a4.csv.

Monitor each folder and make sure r4.csv is updated then copied.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Your data shows makerwys.exe ran. Your the r5.csv file which should get copied as r4.csv  to your rcv4/data folder did not go. The file dates you you stated are the original files used as fil during the RC install.

Whether you run makerwys.exe first or let RC run it, as Ray stated, you must run the scenery rebuild with RC to get r5.csv in your FSX folder copied as r4.csv to your rcv4x/data folder and then rc will build a4.csv. For the scenery rebuild the path entered when queried during the rebuils must point to the folder where FSX.exe. For instance mine now is:

H:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX for my Steam FSX install and h:\program files\microsoft games\flight simulator 9 for the FS9 install. These must be entered each time you run the scenery rebuild. It is not the setting where your flight plans are loaded.

r4.csv in your FSX folder is no longer used in RC version 4.3845 but r5.csv is as I explained.

You also need to insure rcv4.exe is run with admin privileges.

@ Ray and Ron

Thank you both for your replies.  But, I do think we do not understand each other. (maybe its me, because english is not my first language)

So, I try again: after 5 flights with RC without any prob, than for the 6. flightplan request it came only that " "to @0 (Alt1-, Alt2) / RVSM" " into the RC flightplan window. That was the reason to start RC rebuild scenery DB via RC pushbutton. Now, instead asking me about network PC and telling me to type path to FSX, only the above in my orign post at row 4 and 5 mentioned reports came up. That is all.

So, RC was working 5 flights with no problem, and when I start flight 6 nothing works anymore.

Before we here getting stuck for the next couple of days, do you think is easier to reinstall RC. If so, can you provide me with a download link, because I use the old version from CD.

Thanks, Peter

Peter,

if it's only the latest flight plan that's the problem please paste it here and I'll try it.

Are you able to fly any of the first five successful ones?

No need to reinstall RC4 until I've seen the flight plan.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray,

yes, I was able to fly all flight plans, except the last one. When I load that one, the problem starts. After that, no more flight plan loading possible, even those are working before.

I try to upload those plans, but no luck. I tried send you a message incl those flight plans, but the system do not let me attach those.

I'm going to re install RC this afternoon and will report later.

Many many thanks for your help and the time you invest.

Peter

Peter,

What airports in the plan? You can just open the PLN file with Notepad and copy and paste here in a message.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray,

1. I deleted RC, make a fresh install, req key, inserted key, push "Rebuild DB": nothing, except the mentioned r4 rebuild messages-      Not asking me for FSX location.

2. installed a complet back up, around 6 weeks old. I can load those old  fltplan files and fly with RC. So far no prob.

But, when I push "Rebuild DB" again, see above. No rebuild at all

. Here are one of the plans

Peter

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="AceXML" version="1,0">
    <Descr>AceXML Document</Descr>
    <FlightPlan.FlightPlan>
        <Title>EICK to EDDF</Title>
        <FPType>IFR</FPType>
        <RouteType>VOR</RouteType>
        <CruisingAlt>33000</CruisingAlt>
        <DepartureID>EICK</DepartureID>
        <DepartureLLA>N51° 50' 28.00",W8° 29' 28.00",+000502.00</DepartureLLA>
        <DestinationID>EDDF</DestinationID>
        <DestinationLLA>N50° 1' 59.00",E8° 34' 13.00",+000361.00</DestinationLLA>
        <Descr>EICK, EDDF</Descr>
        <DeparturePosition>17</DeparturePosition>
        <DepartureName>Cork</DepartureName>
        <DestinationName>Frankfurt/Main</DestinationName>
        <AppVersion>
            <AppVersionMajor>10</AppVersionMajor>
            <AppVersionBuild>61472</AppVersionBuild>
        </AppVersion>
        <ATCWaypoint id="EICK">
            <ATCWaypointType>Airport</ATCWaypointType>
            <WorldPosition>N51° 50' 28.00",W8° 29' 28.00",+000502.00</WorldPosition>
            <ICAO>
                <ICAOIdent>EICK</ICAOIdent>
            </ICAO>
        </ATCWaypoint>
        <ATCWaypoint id="NORLA">
            <ATCWaypointType>Intersection</ATCWaypointType>
            <WorldPosition>N51° 37' 9.00",W6° 52' 10.00",+000000.00</WorldPosition>
            <ICAO>
                <ICAORegion>KK</ICAORegion>
                <ICAOIdent>NORLA</ICAOIdent>
            </ICAO>
        </ATCWaypoint>
        <ATCWaypoint id="MERLY">
            <WorldPosition>N51° 19' 59.00",W5° 0' 0.00",+000000.00</WorldPosition>
            <ATCAirway>UM140</ATCAirway>
            <ICAO>
                <ICAOIdent>MERLY</ICAOIdent>
            </ICAO>
        </ATCWaypoint>
        <ATCWaypoint id="EXMOR">
            <WorldPosition>N51° 10' 43.00",W3° 21' 34.00",+000000.00</WorldPosition>
            <ICAO>
                <ICAOIdent>EXMOR</ICAOIdent>
            </ICAO>
        </ATCWaypoint>
        <ATCWaypoint id="SAM">
            <WorldPosition>N50° 57' 18.00",W1° 20' 42.00",+000000.00</WorldPosition>
            <ICAO>
                <ICAOIdent>SAM</ICAOIdent>
            </ICAO>
        </ATCWaypoint>
        <ATCWaypoint id="PENUX">
            <WorldPosition>N51° 6' 32.00",E0° 34' 12.00",+000000.00</WorldPosition>
            <ICAO>
                <ICAOIdent>PENUX</ICAOIdent>
            </ICAO>
        </ATCWaypoint>
        <ATCWaypoint id="DVR">
            <WorldPosition>N51° 9' 45.00",E1° 21' 32.00",+000000.00</WorldPosition>
            <ICAO>
                <ICAOIdent>DVR</ICAOIdent>
            </ICAO>
        </ATCWaypoint>
        <ATCWaypoint id="KONAN">
            <WorldPosition>N51° 7' 50.00",E2° 0' 0.00",+000000.00</WorldPosition>
            <ATCAirway>UL9</ATCAirway>
            <ICAO>
                <ICAOIdent>KONAN</ICAOIdent>
            </ICAO>
        </ATCWaypoint>
        <ATCWaypoint id="KOK">
            <WorldPosition>N51° 5' 41.00",E2° 39' 6.00",+000000.00</WorldPosition>
            <ATCAirway>UL607</ATCAirway>
            <ICAO>
                <ICAOIdent>KOK</ICAOIdent>
            </ICAO>
        </ATCWaypoint>
        <ATCWaypoint id="FERDI">
            <WorldPosition>N50° 54' 44.00",E3° 38' 13.00",+000000.00</WorldPosition>
            <ICAO>
                <ICAOIdent>FERDI</ICAOIdent>
            </ICAO>
        </ATCWaypoint>
        <ATCWaypoint id="BUPAL">
            <WorldPosition>N50° 43' 23.00",E4° 36' 3.00",+000000.00</WorldPosition>
            <ICAO>
                <ICAOIdent>BUPAL</ICAOIdent>
            </ICAO>
        </ATCWaypoint>
        <ATCWaypoint id="REMBA">
            <WorldPosition>N50° 39' 44.00",E4° 54' 51.00",+000000.00</WorldPosition>
            <ICAO>
                <ICAOIdent>REMBA</ICAOIdent>
            </ICAO>
        </ATCWaypoint>
        <ATCWaypoint id="SPI">
            <WorldPosition>N50° 30' 52.00",E5° 37' 24.00",+000000.00</WorldPosition>
            <ICAO>
                <ICAOIdent>SPI</ICAOIdent>
            </ICAO>
        </ATCWaypoint>
        <ATCWaypoint id="PELIX">
            <WorldPosition>N50° 29' 48.00",E5° 45' 44.00",+000000.00</WorldPosition>
            <ICAO>
                <ICAOIdent>PELIX</ICAOIdent>
            </ICAO>
        </ATCWaypoint>
        <ATCWaypoint id="MATUG">
            <WorldPosition>N50° 25' 0.00",E6° 22' 10.00",+000000.00</WorldPosition>
            <ICAO>
                <ICAOIdent>MATUG</ICAOIdent>
            </ICAO>
        </ATCWaypoint>
        <ATCWaypoint id="GUBAX">
            <WorldPosition>N50° 17' 25.00",E7° 54' 40.00",+000000.00</WorldPosition>
            <ATCAirway>UZ660</ATCAirway>
            <ICAO>
                <ICAOIdent>GUBAX</ICAOIdent>
            </ICAO>
        </ATCWaypoint>
        <ATCWaypoint id="FFM">
            <ATCWaypointType>VOR</ATCWaypointType>
            <WorldPosition>N50° 3' 13.00",E8° 38' 13.00",+000000.00</WorldPosition>
            <ICAO>
                <ICAOIdent>FFM</ICAOIdent>
            </ICAO>
        </ATCWaypoint>
        <ATCWaypoint id="EDDF">
            <ATCWaypointType>Airport</ATCWaypointType>
            <WorldPosition>N50° 1' 59.00",E8° 34' 13.00",+000361.00</WorldPosition>
            <ICAO>
                <ICAOIdent>EDDF</ICAOIdent>
            </ICAO>
        </ATCWaypoint>
    </FlightPlan.FlightPlan>
</SimBase.Document>