Sign in to follow this  
craig_read

Event Viewer Not Showing CTD Information

Hi,

I believe I'm suffering from the crash many others are when they use their PMDG 777 aircraft within P3Dv3 after 3 hours or so.  I'm not posting here to diagnose that crash more a question on how to get information out of my event viewer.

I know how to open event viewer and view the log information for applications, security etc and what to look for, what confuses me is that I can't find any record at all of the P3D CTD I am experiencing so it makes it hard for me to understand what's going on.  I've downloaded AppCrashViewer and I still can't find any record of the CTD I get.  Can someone perhaps give me some clues as to what I am doing wrong here?  I can find other crashes such as PFPX falling over or other apps, but absolutely nothing for Prepar3D.  I'm looking in event viewer around the right time the crash occured, I've done searches, I've installed the crash viewer and still get no further.

Any pointers would be appreciated, I am hoping this can help me diagnose the issue.

Regards

Craig Read

Craig Read, EGLL

You do not want to look at log information for applications/security, etc.  You want to look at the Summary of Administrative Events as it will show all recent events all in one location.  See page 2 of the AVSIM CTD Guide (link to guide is in my signature).

Try downloading and running AppCrashView (see page one of the AVSIM CTD Guide for more information and the link).  The AppCrashView shows more information than what is shown in Windows Error Reporting (WER) files.  It will show you the faulting module which does not necessarily provide the solution or indicate it is the fault of your crashes but it provides a clue to what might have caused the crash.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10