Sign in to follow this  
G-YMML1

Any good quality landclass for SE Asia/SE China for P3D?

SE Asia : I use Scenery Tech Indo-Pacific for flying in Indonesia, PNG, the Solomons and the Philippines along with OrbX Global Base and Vector. The ST LC is both mediocre but much better than the default LC. It helps giving a semblance of the real world down below but there are  flaws (Honiara vanishes from the map for instance). At least you don't have fields and villages at the top of volcanoes (not much...). That's the best that I could find anyway. It is cheap and worth the money to wait for OpenLC Asia.

Japan : There's an excellent freeware at the Flight1 site. Look for Haruo, the name of the gentleman who made it. Again,  it works quite well with the OrbX Global+Vector combo.

Running 2.5 at the moment.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

For China, there is a recent new addition to the payware market.

Check out "REAL CHINA BASE EXTENDED" by the FS Real China Team. It is available for rought 10 Euros or Dollar at Simmmarket, see

http://secure.simmarket.com/fs-real-china-team-fs-real-china-base-extended-fsx-fsxse-p3d-all-versions.phtml

The description of the product at simmarket is correct, it adds a huge amount of roads, rivers, coastlines and possibly landclass.

I bought it yesterday and I think it changes the ground appearance of a default FSX quite a lot when within Chinese airspace. Considering the price, I would rate it as a very good buy.

Hope this helps,

Markus

Best regards,

Markus Vitzethum ("ps1flyer")