Sign in to follow this  
Guest flight

Runtime error with scenery by Lynn and Bill Lyons

Guest flight

After downloading the excellent airplanes by Lynn and Bill Lyons I decided to try a couple of the pre-designed flights included with the Piper PA21 and the Tri Pacer. Some of the flights work just fine, but others freeze up and I get this message.Runtime error!Program fs9.exeR6025- pure virtual function callI've never gotten this before (ever) and so I'm thinking that it has something to do with the AI Lynn and Bill may have programmed into some of the flights. It most recently happened while doing the "Lake Superior rescue flight".Or perhaps I have turned off a MS Service that is required to be running in order for some of the AI to function properly in these flights. It obviously has something to do with my set up as I have seen no other responses like this regarding Lynn and Bill Lyons airplanes and included flight adventures.Can anyone give me a heads up as to what needs to be done?

Guest flight

Wow! I didn't realize I'd ask a question that stumped everyone!Anyways, I found the answer myself.GA-Traffic cannot be run with the Lyons scenery. Once I deleted the GA-Traffic bgl file in my scenery directory the Virtual run errors stopped.It seems like I was the only one w/ this problem, as not one person replied to my question. So if anyone else in the future has this problem, I hope this helps.

We've got a few folks having this problem with our Bermuda scenery, and I'm stumped as to why. Did you find out why the GA-Traffic bgl was not compatible by chance?

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Guest flight

No, sorry. I'm not "techie" enough to investigate further.Having said that, I sure wish someone could figure out why this happens, because I like to have the planes I have downloaded functioning at all airports. However, I like the Lyon's scenery and adventures more than the GA-Traffic, so choose to not use the GA-Traffic program. I still have had no further problems once I deleted the GA-Traffic.bgl.Perhaps it's an error in the way Marcus Brunner's GA-Traffic sets things up. I'm sure the people who downloaded your Bermuda scenery have chosen your scenery over GA-Traffic as well. It's a shame really, because GA-Traffic is an excellent program for making the sim more realistic.As far as changing the elevation of an airport in a *.bgl file, I have no idea how to do that, and with my limited knowledge, it would probably take hours, whereas I'd rather be flying. I have to pick and choose my flying times and use them carefully as I don't get much time within my busy life.Thanks for the responses. Sorry I can't be of further help.

I found this thread when I googled that same 6025 error, and as a result I solved my problem. I post my solution for anybody else who stumbles across this thread trying to solve the same thing.In this thread, and others, I found a common idea is that it has to do with AI traffic and/or ATC. This set me thinking about a change I'd made to a traffic*.bgl using ttools 2 a couple of weeks ago. I'd swapped out an a/c that had bugs of its own for Bill Lyons gorgeous Challenger 2 which I wanted to try out as AI from places where I know Challengers operate in the RW. It worked fine as AI but it has turned out to be the source of this crash. Changed it for something else designed specifically for AI and the error went away.I should also say that this error was happening between 5 and 15 mins into a flight, and usually it just froze the flight sim /and/ the computer (with no error message being reported) and sometimes BSOD-ed (although that might have been an unrelated error, it hasn't re-ocurred since I changed the traffic*.bgl - so far!). Sometimes an error message would flash up subliminally, too quick to read, but today I got the error message in a static window, giving me the opportunity to do a google search for it.Hope this helps somebodyPaul

Hi Scott,I was having this problem flying from your Bermuda to the USA. At about 96nm from BDA I would get the Pure Virtual Function Call error and the sim would exit.I found that by disabling the file, Traffic_FFBM_Ships.bgl, solved the problem, allbeit without any of the cool ships anymore :-).I hope this helps ... and many thanks for all your time and effort with the freeflow sceneries, they are fantastic pieces of work you can be very proud of (and the rest of the team, obviously).Take care,Ian

Just a further refinement of that Ian - it's specific to the AI garbage barge, and that can be inactivated via our config app and used as a static scenery object instead. There was one report that the ferries might also be a cause. Again, inactivatible via the config app.Why an AI ship model is causing a CTD almost 100 miles away is beyond me...But, there it is!Best,sg

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Cheers Scott,That helped enormously. It was the ferries that did it for me but curiously only when I flew the RFP 742. The other aircraft I checked (not extensive but including the PSS A340) worked fine.How an AI Ship causes a pure virtual function call at all is beyond me, irrespective of how many miles away it is :-)Take care,Ian

Guest bernknow

Hi SG,It`s more than just the garbage barge causing it, I have turned off that one and still got the error so I will try turning them all off next time and perhaps adding them back in one at a time until I know which ones are ok and which are not. Trouble is that it takes a long time to get that far out before it happens :-(So far, I`ve tried to fly my PMDG737-800 out of Bermuda 5 times! - though, admitedly, only once since thinking to search for posts on the subject (I`ve had a lot of computer problems recently and thought at first it was another one of the troubles I`m having with this new `heap of ****` of mine - think they call them teething problems!)RegardsBernard.

Be sure to check our website, too Bernard (if you haven't). Removing the AI shipping entirely might do the trick. Not sure what it causes this, but let's hope its not in FSX!

Guest bernknow

Hey! maybe this is a Bermuda triangle kind of thing??Bernard