Sign in to follow this  
Poncho

Will 208 B repaints work with 208 EX?

I'm considering the 208 EX while it's on sale, but there is not much for repaints. I have the 208B and love some of the repaints for it. Does anybody know for sure if they will work on the newer 208 EX?

Love Airplanes and American Muscle Cars

Poncho

I just picked up the C208 EX on sale. The C208B repaints work BUT most have black de-icing boots on the leading edges of the wings. The EX uses a liquid de-icing system and there is a silver portion in the middle of the black de-icing boots when youi use the repaint with the EX . If the repaint did not have de-icing boots, it works just fine. I like the increased performance of the 867SHP PT-6A-140. I put a GTN 750 in place of the MFD.

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

So if I understand correctly the 208B repaints will work fine just as they are (no mods required), but it's just the look of the de-icing boots will not be correct?

Although I'd like more H.P of the EX, I also think the EX has better lighting in the cockpit for night flying. For example I don't care for the lighting in my 208 B, the panel light bulbs are not adjustable and too bright which wash out the gauges, which themselves don't light up.   

Love Airplanes and American Muscle Cars

Poncho

You are correctly understanding the repaints.

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

I tried the ERA and Kenmore repaints for the B on the EX and the thumbnails will not display in the sim and when selected I get an error. P3D V4 Sucks because 2 years after release and there still are no repaints for the EX. Anyone? Great aircraft needs some artistic love.