Sign in to follow this  
callum112233

Suddenly getting API.dll error

Hi.

So a few days ago. FSX was working fine. I came to start up FSX this afternoon and the program won't even get pat the loading splash screen.

The only two recent things I have installed are:

The PMDG 777 update

Earth Simulations Isle of Man photoscenery

Now, I uninstalled both of the above to see if they were causing the error but I am still having the same problems.

Here is a screenshot of the error report.

Untitled_zpsr3btlt50.jpg

I appreciate any help but I fear I may have to do a total clean install of fsx :(

Callum.

program won't even get pat the loading splash screen.

A few days ago I had the same sudden freeze but with boxed fsx and the event log looked different but here's the thread: http://www.avsim.com/topic/480887-new-geforce-gtx-970-driver-crashes-fsx/

I had updated the NVIDIA driver and rolling back to the last version cleared everything right up.  No clue if it's your issue... good luck.

[CPL]  I9-9900K @5.0GHz HT ON, Maximus XI Hero, ASUS TUF RTX4080 OC, 32GB DDR4 3200 14, 1TB NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 40" Samsung 4K TV, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Logitech Rudder Pedals, WIN11

Welcome to FSX's world.

Edward

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

A few days ago I had the same sudden freeze but with boxed fsx and the event log looked different but here's the thread: http://www.avsim.com/topic/480887-new-geforce-gtx-970-driver-crashes-fsx/

I had updated the NVIDIA driver and rolling back to the last version cleared everything right up.  No clue if it's your issue... good luck.

Sadly not the case for me. I give up. I am gonna re-install the lot.

Just wondering if you actually have 2 problems.  One being the API.Dll crash and the other not being able to

get past the SPLASH screen being caused by a corrupted Logbook.bin file.  Try going to My

Documents/Flight Simulator X folder and rename the Logbook.bin to something like Logbook_old.bin

and the restart FSX to see if it will work.  If the Logbook got corrupted, it can be fixed with a logbook

repair program.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool: