Sign in to follow this  
hychewright

My First XPX Default Flight

I was blown away with how real my first flight was. The short default flight answered a lot of questions for me. The AI auto traffic, the speed at which the AI cars and trucks are going, tail and headlights are so real. The traffic did not look like they were on a slot track like in other sims. I am a GA flier mainly and i thought the default scenery was fabulous !  Next, I have to find out now how to get my Trackir 5 working. I see now that xpx is going to be a lot of fun to set up and my main thing is to go at it slow and read the manual and not be shy and to ask questions when needed.   

Regards

Lamar Wright

Glad you're enjoying it Lamar, and I hope you stick around. Have you tried nighttime yet?

Glad you're enjoying it Lamar, and I hope you stick around. Have you tried nighttime yet?

Yes Tony, on my initial flight it was at dusk and that is one of the things that just blew me away. The lighting for airports, my AC, street lights, AI auto traffic lights, it is all so real like you are really there! Like no other sim I have ever seen.

Regards

Lamar Wright

Track IR is easy.  Just make sure that your games (in the Track IR program) have the X-Plane set for whatever your saved (if not default) settings are.  If not using X-Camera, make sure that TrackIR is enabled in the settings area.  Once you get the hang of it, uncheck that and install and use X-Camera.  It works much better and gives you more options.

John

John Wingold

I've used TrackIR on Mac OS X using a Linux plugin, but as John said, I guess it's far easier on Windows. I have a joystick key set to synchronize the view, and I'm very happy with it (Now all I need is more USB ports on my computer).

Track IR is easy.  Just make sure that your games (in the Track IR program) have the X-Plane set for whatever your saved (if not default) settings are.  If not using X-Camera, make sure that TrackIR is enabled in the settings area.  Once you get the hang of it, uncheck that and install and use X-Camera.  It works much better and gives you more options.

John

Thanks John, that is what I'll do and then like you said later on I'll look into X-Camera

I've used TrackIR on Mac OS X using a Linux plugin, but as John said, I guess it's far easier on Windows. I have a joystick key set to synchronize the view, and I'm very happy with it (Now all I need is more USB ports on my computer).

Tony, I had to get a USB hub with 3 extra ports for my extra controls. It worked out great.

Regards

Lamar Wright