Sign in to follow this  
sidfadc

FSRecorder in Steam edition

I know this product doesn't officially work in the steam edition but after a google and searching the FSRecorder forums it appears you can "fudge it" by installing v1.331 using a manual method outlined in the supporting documentation.  This involves copying recorderfsx.dll to my FSX install and editing dll.xml in \AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX.

This is what my entry looks like in dll.xml.

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>FS Recorder Module</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>Modules\RecorderFSX.dll</Path>

When I launch FSX:SE it asks me to trust the file and click yes which indicates my install has detected it.  Problem is when I click the Addons drop down menu in the sim I see no option for FSrecorder.

Has anyone managed to get this to work?  I would really appreciate some help.

Cheers

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Unfortunately no, it won't work.According to the developer, FSRecorder has an FSX version check, when it sees the newer version of FSX installed that it doesn't recognize, it disables it from running. This is actually a protection as the app directly accesses memory address locations in FSX, if those addresses have changed, then the wrong data would be access, which could cause significant problems. think some how P3D users were able to get it working at one point but from latest reports it seems it no longer does with the newer P3D versions.

Thanks for the reply. I've seen a few people state they have got it work with the steam ediion using the same method though...hmmm.