Sign in to follow this  
neucoas

A glider with a propeller

Yep, look into getting CumulusX!, which add proper ridge lift and thermals to FSX. There's a free version of that with limited functionality too.

Is there a free world-wide alternative ?  :P

LDR Navion B & Grumman Mallard. Both have a GPS in the cockpit. They are default turned off, just don't turn them on. Free to boot.

Thanks !  :smile:

Cheers :)

N.-

CumulusX! does add thermals anywhere they should exist and does not have stratus layer anywhere near. That latter one is useful to know if you have any third-party weather engine running. Glider flying in FSX is sadly a bit of niche in niche.

CumulusX! does add thermals anywhere they should exist and does not have stratus layer anywhere near. That latter one is useful to know if you have any third-party weather engine running. Glider flying in FSX is sadly a bit of niche in niche.

Thanks! I will do i bit more of research.

Also, for gliding. Does the payware ones add something? (FDE) Or it's just the same but with better graphics.

Also i do not see the difference between the AS Discus K Glider X and the Discus Glider X

Cheers :)

N.-

Payware is generally more refined, with higher quality mesh, sound and texture, as well as some neat instruments. I haven't flown gliders in real world to tell anything definitive about FDE, but both Aerosoft's and Wolfgang Piper's felt about right.

You may also wish to read this blog: http://blog.allen.asn.au/recommendations/wolfgang-pipers-gliders-for-fsx/

Discus K is the aerobatic version of Discus.