Sign in to follow this  
mokeiko

EagleSoft DA42 and MindStar G1000

Hi everyone,

I installed the EagleSoft DA42 into P3dv3.0. In my simobjects\aircraft\EagleSoft DA42 directory I see two panel folders:

Panel

Panel.mpi

I installed the MindStar G1000. From what I understand, the MindStar G1000 installer will modify the EagleSoft Panel.mpi folder in order for the DA42 to recognize the G1000. In addition, the MindStar G1000 installer will also install another panel folder called Panel.wsmpi so my simobjects\aircraft\EagleSoft DA42 directory I should now see three panel folders:

Panel <---- Default EagleSoft folder

Panel.mpi  <---- MindStar modified version

Panel.wsmpi <---- Additional folder created by MindStar

My problem is that the MindStar G1000 installer did not modify the Panel.mpi folder nor did it install a new Panel.wsmpi folder. Also, the aircraft.cfg file does not get modified as well to reflect the new MindStar G1000 panels.

Note: when I went into the aircraft.cfg and changed the ( panel= ) to ( panel = mpi ) the MindStar G1000 showed up okay in the sim but I was having issued with it during flight so maybe that was a bad idea.

Thanks for any help

Specs:

SSD1: C:\Windows7

SSD2: M:\P3dv3.0

Simulator: Prepar3dv3.0 | ASUS Maximus Extreme VI Z87 | Intel Core I7-4770K @ 4.4ghz | Corsair Dominator DDR3 16GB @ 2400mhz | EVGA GeForce 980Ti SLI | Corsair H100i | Corsair AX1200i | Obsidian 900D | Asus PB278Q 27-inch IPS 2560x1440 | TrackIR 5 | CH Yoke/Pedals | Saitek Trim Wheel

Francisco Blas
Windows11 Pro ASUS Hero Z790 | Intel i9-13900K | G.SKILL 32GB DDR5 | ASUS STRIX 4090 | WD 4TB SN850X NVMe | ASUS Ryujin II AIO 360mm | Corsair AX1600i | Lian Li 011D EVO | DELL Alienware 38 G-SYNC

Are you installing our current G1000? Did you register your G1000 after installation?

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Yes I did Ed.

Currently, JJ is looking into why the installer isn't creating and modifying the EagleSoft Directory but that may take awhile. I was hoping someone could give me something in the interim.

Francisco Blas
Windows11 Pro ASUS Hero Z790 | Intel i9-13900K | G.SKILL 32GB DDR5 | ASUS STRIX 4090 | WD 4TB SN850X NVMe | ASUS Ryujin II AIO 360mm | Corsair AX1600i | Lian Li 011D EVO | DELL Alienware 38 G-SYNC

Hi there,

I'm having the exact same issue with FSX. I would really appreciate the help. Willing toget the Mindstar Remote support thing going too

Please sign your posts... and for support at this level you need to contact via our support email.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69